What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4.3.2 compatibility apps?

HUNTER1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just jail broke my iPad and I linked it with my iPhone cydia account which I have a lot purchased packages that I can also install but I would like to be careful. I red the sticky the must have apps for iPad, just not sure if they are 4.3.2 compatible. I had my share of installing a package that led to a restore and infinite loop. I do my research before installing but sometimes the package doesn't always say. Is there a list or someone verifies apps work on 4.3.2? Thanks

OP
H

HUNTER1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Never mind, I red nothing works on this firmware yet for a few months. Cydia icon looks nice though, at least that much.

Munky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just upgraded to 4.3.2 last night and the only Cydia app that I have found that doesn't work for me is the 5-row keyboard for iPad.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Everything listed in the Ultimate Tweaks thread works on 4.3.2 unless indicated otherwise.
I don't know where you read the nothing works on 4.3.2 but the information is wrong.

Last edited:

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I just upgraded to 4.3.2 last night and the only Cydia app that I have found that doesn't work for me is the 5-row keyboard for iPad.

5-Row Keyboard for iPad works perfectly on 4.3.2. I have it running. You need to install the free package "Keyboard Fixer iOS 4.3+"

Hope that helps.

OP
H

HUNTER1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just googled. Since you're confirming it, I will start installing. Most of the recommended ones are already in my cydia account, thanks

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I just installed the keyboard fixer, still a no go.

And you are enabling the theme in Winterboard right? It works, I promise.
You've then got to enable the keyboard in Settings > General > Keyboard...

Last edited:

Munky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Works now...I totally forgot about having to go into the keyboard settings after enabling it in winterboard. Thanks!

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Munky said:
Works now...I totally forgot about having to go into the keyboard settings after enabling it in winterboard. Thanks!

Glad you got it working.

Munky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I found one problem though, a somewhat major one...in iFile the keyboard shows up as shown in the attached pic.

Attachments

• image-1044342756.png
    image-1044342756.png
    252.3 KB · Views: 210

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Munky said:
I found one problem though, a somewhat major one...in iFile the keyboard shows up as shown in the attached pic.

Hadn't spotted this until you mentioned it. One workaround is before you start iFile, switch to the standard keyboard in Settings, open iFile, switch back to settings and enable 5-Row again. iFile will use the standard keyboard all the time whilst it is open (even if you switch out and back), but other apps will use 5-Row as normal.
Not ideal, but it works for me until a fix is issued.

Last edited:
OP
H

HUNTER1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I can't get the 5 row keyboard to work. I checked it in winterboard and went to settings and checked 5 row and nothing. I'm using black keyboard though. Could that be the problem?

Munky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yu have to go in cydia and install keyboard fixer for iOS 4.3. I'm using the 5 row aa well as the black and it works fine.

MAcsure

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I think you find it does work. You just need to go to setting/ general/keyboard/International Keyboards/ english/ And select which one you want:)

Most reactions

Latest posts