What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What will happen to my apps if i upgrade?

mobi1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My iPad 1 is jail broken on 4.3.2 and I have installed many apps via Cydia and other app stores.

If I upgrade to iOS 5, do I lose all those apps?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes ... Ish.

If you upgrade to iOS 5 and don't jail break - you won't be able to access Cydia.

If you upgrade and DO jailbreak, then yes, you'll be able to access Cydia and re-download your tweaks (it's set up just like the App Store - you pay once and can re-download).

One caution though - the tweaks and such are not all updated (yet) for iOS 5. You'll just need to read carefully to ensure you only install the ones that will work.

Good luck.

Marilyn

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would advise you to wait another week or two, too allow most Cydia apps to be updated, and for the jailbreak to improve and become more stable. You won't gain much by upgrading any way. A lot of the best tweaks make it unnecessary to upgrade. I personally will wait, I love my iPad the way it is.

Cyclone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad 2 apps update

Hi all
i have an iPad 2 which aready jailbraked. it has 5.01 and working well. i have question that what will happens if i update to installed apps. And use i tunes. Because i want to listen some podcast which is full free but iTunes Show me the agreement and it says i have to be agree first the agreement.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It is OK to accept the iTunes licence agreement on the iPad device. This is fairly standard and you must accept it to be able to use iTunes (even if you are jailbroken).

The only thing you must be careful of is installing an IOS 5.1 update. That is the thing which is dangerous for jailbreakers! :)
You must avoid Settings > General > Software Update. OK?
You could install the "No Update" free tweak from Cydia and this will prevent you from accidentally updating your device.

Hope that helps.

Most reactions

Latest posts