4.1 vs 3.2.2

Discussion in 'iPad OS' started by ctitanic, Sep 1, 2010.

?

Update to 4.1 or wait until jailbreak

1. Update to 4.1

27 vote(s)
    67.5%
  2. Wait for Jailbreak

13 vote(s)
    32.5%
  1. css1323

css1323
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I think Apple's taking their sweet time because they want to steal a bit of thunder from Microsoft in Nov. when the Kinect is released. They want people to take a look at the iPad come November again, it gives Apple something to shout about in my opinion.

I really don't care about printing with my iPad. I just want to enjoy multitasking like I do with my iPhone 4. Waiting till November is going to be very, very painful for me.

2. Luke

Luke
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Betting apple is waiting for 4.1 exploits to be fully released to see if they can hamper ipad jailbreaking with 4.2.... I still won't upgrade until it's jailbreakable though...

3. jaybrass73

jaybrass73
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Can't wait for the upgrade, bring on November!

4. iPadster

iPadster
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Since I have no issues with ios 4.1 on my iPhone 4, I am looking forward the multitasking and folder making abilities it offers. I already have a boat load of paid for and free apps on my iPad, so having to wait for some one to jail break every ios update is not worth it to me.

5. arthurlwf

arthurlwf
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    hopefully 1st Nov....

6. ipadfanatic

ipadfanatic
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I wish but I this is how I think it will play out. Apple is going to hold off til mid November to make an announcement on which day 4.2 will be released.

It will be released just before Black Friday to spark further sales for the holiday season.

Apple is slow to bring the iPad up to date with the iPhone and iPod Touch and to me it's not because they want to add extra features or are having a hard time with development, to me it's to do with wanting stronger sales for the holiday season.