What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3.2.2 & MyWi Compatability

Sportycus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

Looking to be a new ipad owner the end of this week.

Have read a couple of posts on some other forum from people having trouble tethering there iphone with MyWi to there ipad running 3.2.2

I have a jailbroken iphone 4, with 4.1 and MyWi.

Can anyone here confirm that MyWi connects and work fine with an ipad running 3.2.2 (i would look to jailbreak the ipad with limera1n if that makes any difference.

Your feedback determines whether i buy or not.

Thanks in advance.

torombolo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello, total newb here, but I just got my Ipad wifi 16gb this week, hacked it wirh limera1n and have no problem with my Iphone 3Gs and Mywi. Works great

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I run MyWi on my jailbroken iPhone 4, on 4.1, and used it to tether my iPad 3.2.2 just fine. No jailbreak was needed on the iPad side. It just worked. (And I used MyWi from my iPhone 4 with both iPad 3.2.2 stock, and jailbroken.)

Indeed I had to live with 4.0.1 on my iPhone waiting for the 4.1 jailbreak, specifically because I did not want to lose MyWi for my iPad--and I had problems that 4.1 fixed (proximity sensor, yellow tinted camera pics, and bluetooth issues).

So, yes, no issues tethering an iPad to an iPhone 4 running MyWi.

I have since updated my iPad to 4.2 beta 2, and now beta 3. They all work with MyWi too.

Hope this helps.

Michael

neomaster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
my ipad is 3.2.2. I jailbreak it with limera1n and its fine..
i don't know the step to jailbreak it because i pay someone to do it

o2sys

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just did it this morning in my train ride, iphone 4 JB with MiWy 4.0 and iPad with Wifi only...works perfectly! It detected my iphone's wifi signal isntantly...

Also I have set my iphone 4 to only have 30% transmit power since the phone is right under the ipad or in my pocket while using...hope it say what it does and save battery.

Most reactions

Latest posts