What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4.1 vs 3.2.2

Update to 4.1 or wait until jailbreak

• Update to 4.1

Votes: 27 67.5%
  • Wait for Jailbreak

Votes: 13 32.5%

• Total voters

Jake18oly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In the keynote they said 4.1 is only for the ipod touch and iPhone. We actually don't get an upgrade till November which will be 4.2. When that does come though I will wait for a jailbreak before updating my firmware.

OP
C

ctitanic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
ultramobilepc-tips.com
I thought that we were getting 4.1 next week. Anyway, it does not matter what version. Update or wait for the Jailbreak? This time the update means a lot of changes.

EZ-BAKED

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple obviously had issues with the Jailbreak and seen what we wanted and is trying to give us what we really want. Some of the stuff is simple stuff that should have been there from the start. I kind of get a felling they were not quit done tweaking the Pad yet but pushed it to marked anyway and used us as a public beta . I will for sure be updating to 4.2 when it hits.

Technician99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I will update to 4.2 when it comes out in November. If it comes out in November how often has Apple delayed 4.x already.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I kind of get a felling they were not quit done tweaking the Pad yet but pushed it to marked anyway and used us as a public beta . I will for sure be updating to 4.2 when it hits.
They are still "tweaking" the Shuffle, Nano and Touch. These are very dynamic products and Apple will not let them get stale. Some of it is technology and some of it is marketing.

css1323

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think Apple's taking their sweet time because they want to steal a bit of thunder from Microsoft in Nov. when the Kinect is released. They want people to take a look at the iPad come November again, it gives Apple something to shout about in my opinion.

I really don't care about printing with my iPad. I just want to enjoy multitasking like I do with my iPhone 4. Waiting till November is going to be very, very painful for me.

Luke

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Betting apple is waiting for 4.1 exploits to be fully released to see if they can hamper ipad jailbreaking with 4.2.... I still won't upgrade until it's jailbreakable though...

iPadster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since I have no issues with ios 4.1 on my iPhone 4, I am looking forward the multitasking and folder making abilities it offers. I already have a boat load of paid for and free apps on my iPad, so having to wait for some one to jail break every ios update is not worth it to me.

Most reactions

Latest posts