What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3G/2G network problem

pozmans

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I have an iPad 2 3G + Wifi (GSM). For the past few weeks my iPad's 3G hasn't been working so I've been left using 2G which isn't very useful at all. I contacted my provider and they assured that they aren't having any problems on their side. I even swapped my data sim card with another iPad and it worked on their iPad and I was still stuck on 2G - so from that I determined it was my iPad. I then restored my iPad back to 5.1.1 and the 3G network was fine again but on low signal despite me being near a 3G tower, then when i restored from a back up it turned back to 2G. I then restored backed to factory settings again however this time the 3G wasn't working again. I thought it might have been the jailbreak but after the restore without even re-jailbreaking it, can only be the actual hardware? What else could I try? I'm thinking of just taking it in to the iStore?

therealriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
pozmans said:
Hi,

I have an iPad 2 3G + Wifi (GSM). For the past few weeks my iPad's 3G hasn't been working so I've been left using 2G which isn't very useful at all. I contacted my provider and they assured that they aren't having any problems on their side. I even swapped my data sim card with another iPad and it worked on their iPad and I was still stuck on 2G - so from that I determined it was my iPad. I then restored my iPad back to 5.1.1 and the 3G network was fine again but on low signal despite me being near a 3G tower, then when i restored from a back up it turned back to 2G. I then restored backed to factory settings again however this time the 3G wasn't working again. I thought it might have been the jailbreak but after the restore without even re-jailbreaking it, can only be the actual hardware? What else could I try? I'm thinking of just taking it in to the iStore?

First I would try, going to your network providers store and ask for a sim swap? They will port everything over to a new sim but keeping your number. Then get it to the firmware you want and try the new sim. Good luck.

OP
P

pozmans

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have tried sim porting to a new sim and it still only used the 2G network. The strange thing is that when i put my sim in 2 other iPads they worked on 3G. However when they tried putting their sim cards in my iPad(different networks) it came up as 2G on mine but 3G on theirs. Absolutely stumped!

Most reactions

Latest posts