What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

apn setting not showing up anymore

chai ipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm on ipad 2 64gig wifi 3G version 4.3.3 jailbroken.

three weeks ago it my 3G was working fine, and now that I'm back my 3G signal is there but no ip so no Internet. then I checked the apn and that's gone, so I think that's why my 3G isn't working.

so how so I get the apn setting back? I tried rebooting, restarting, reset my network settings. still nothing. what do I do now?

Chays

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

Here in South Africa, on vodacom, the APN under settings is: internet
If that doesn't work, contact your service provider for these setting, just tell them you want to connect to the Internet and want the APN info. Who's is your service provider?

Regards,
Chays

OP
C

chai ipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
im in cambodia. i got the apn info from my service provider before already, and i already input it in the apn setting before, but now when i want to connect to the 3g service it would say 3g upper left hand corner, but no internet connection. so when i wanted to check the apn setting i cant seen to find it anywhere. i looked in every tab in the setting. haha.

Chays

iPF Noob
Reaction score
chai ipad said:
im in cambodia. i got the apn info from my service provider before already, and i already input it in the apn setting before, but now when i want to connect to the 3g service it would say 3g upper left hand corner, but no internet connection. so when i wanted to check the apn setting i cant seen to find it anywhere. i looked in every tab in the setting. haha.

Ok, it has happens to me before, when I try connecting to many wifi spots, or I do a upgrade. Luckily I have written the info down, as 'Internet' is easy. Who is your service provider?

Regards,
Chays

OP
C

chai ipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
my service provider is metfone, i even double check if i still have my 3g service with the company, and i still do. i just tried my sim on my friends iphone 4 and it work fine.

OP
C

chai ipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
when i insert my sim in his iphone 4 i see the apn setting tab and i put my apn setting and the 3g works. on the ipad2 i dont even see the apn setting tab anymore. it was there before.

Chays

iPF Noob
Reaction score
chai ipad said:
when i insert my sim in his iphone 4 i see the apn setting tab and i put my apn setting and the 3g works. on the ipad2 i dont even see the apn setting tab anymore. it was there before.

Now I understand, are you saying that that field itself is missing, not the data?
So settings, cellular data, APN settings, APN ?

Chays

iPF Noob
Reaction score
chai ipad said:
i see cellular data, VPN, but no APN

Can you take a screen shot and post it, both of that page and the page if you click VPN.
To do that, hold the hold and home button for a second, the picture is saved into photos

OP
C

chai ipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
here the attChment...sorry been busy.

Attachments

• image-2166264963.png
    image-2166264963.png
    119.9 KB · Views: 655
  • image-2861686646.png
    image-2861686646.png
    100.5 KB · Views: 684

Chays

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is strange. Have you tried to do a full reinstallation through iTunes to ios 5.0.1?

Regards,
~Chays~
 iPad 2

OP
C

chai ipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
no i haven't. I'm on 4.3.3....don't really want to upgrade to 5.0.1. it is strange. it was there before now it's gone.

Kadmandux

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Perhaps you installed recently PhoneIt-iPad?. I think that this was the problem in my case.

You can try the unlockit APN changer. This solved it for my.

Regards!

Most reactions