What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

32gb ipad2 shows 58 gb in my computer

Busby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a 32gb iPad2 and everything on the ipad2 itself shows it as 32gb but when I connect it to my pc it shows the photo folder as havin 28gb of 58gb free. Is this normal?

Reaction score
What does your iPad say it's Capacity is? It can be found under Settings->General->About.

If you have an iPad with 32GB, then iTunes stating it has 58GB seems to be odd behavior. But 58GB is what it shows for 64GB iPads, so perhaps you got a 64GB iPad after all?

OP
B

Busby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.

It shows 29gb with 25gb available. It almost looks like it has the 64gb hard drive but it's been limited to just seeing 32gb.

OP
B

Busby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The thing is how can I unlock the rest of the storage?

Thanks

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
max it out?

Have you tried to fill it up? to see if it's really 58. Dude. I would be rejoicing. If my 64 has like 70, I will be happy! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's just an error within iTunes. Not calibrating correctly.

Sent from my Jailbroken IPad on 4.2.1 ;-)

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Demandarin said:

Way to spill the punch man!!! Well, at least it isn't reading 14gb

OP
B

Busby

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Saved me transferring a loAd of files to check storage. Cheers :)

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Busby said:
Saved me transferring a loAd of files to check storage. Cheers :)

You know I was joking right? I don't know how much CPU memory you have but that would have taken all weekend on my computer. I would have just gone to the apple store. (retailers don't know jack diddly)

madhatter61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you tried to fill it up? to see if it's really 58. Dude. I would be rejoicing. If my 64 has like 70, I will be happy! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

That's like saying I have $64 in my account, but if something shows $70 I'll be happy. Somebody in the bank has a deficit to account for.

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'll sholl spend dem 6 dollars like I never even knew then raise hell when they take it back. (FYI this happened to me. Some new trainee put 211 in cuz she transposed the acct numbers)

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HKWrite12 said:
Way to spill the punch man!!! Well, at least it isn't reading 14gb

Lol, my bad ;-). Out of 32gb I have, only 4.4gb left in mines :-(. Time for spring cleaning soon. Games like dead space, nova2, real racing hd2, and infinity blade take up mad room..lol

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Demandarin said:
Lol, my bad ;-). Out of 32gb I have, only 4.4gb left in mines :-(. Time for spring cleaning soon. Games like dead space, nova2, real racing hd2, and infinity blade take up mad room..lol

You know where I cam get a free 100 iTunes card. Ima go bankrupt when my Padi comes in.

kevbo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine does the same thing, and I thought the same thing. I can't find anything else on Google about it.

Also, it's not in iTunes. It's in Windows Explorer. Mine shows up as 52GB, but the additional space shows up as "used" space because the amount of free space is correct. I suppose Apple didn't get lazy and rebrand 64's as 32's in an effort to get supply ready for launch? :p

Most reactions