What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1Password is Free for A Limited Time!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
That's right, this normally $9.99 (USD) universal app is now free until .... ?

They have it on sale because of the release of iOS 8. But, regardless of the reason, I cannot recommend this app enough! For me, it is the penultimate password manager app.

Heck - I don't know any of my many, many passwords thanks to 1Password. I just need one master password to access the app and I can copy any of my passwords.

Oh, and with iOS 8 coming - you'll be able to use 1Password to get your password without having to leave the app you are in.

As you can tell, I love this app. And now, you can get it free! Which is w-a-y less than what I paid for it ... and I'm not even mad! :D

IMHO, it was worth the full price, so I'm pretty sure you will love it at free (!).

Enough rambling and what are you waiting for?! Here's the link - go get it! :)

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/1password-password-manager/id568903335?mt=8

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ooooh....thanks Marilyn for this.

On darn...I need to update to iOS 8 first to get it! :(

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You could go to iTunes on your computer and get it now, then grab it from your Purchased items on the iPad after you've done the update.

OP
Mickey330

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Turns out that this app is now a "freemium" app - you get basic functionality for no cost. In other words, it's going to be free and stay free.

If you want a bit more function, you pay the one-time fee ($9.99, USD) for a Pro version. Of course, if you already had the app prior to this upgrade, you get the Pro features free.

So, there's no rush to get this as it's going to remain free. Then, people can decide if they want the Pro features.

Marilyn

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I see. I was wrong then. I blame my confusion on the following: :D

I paid for the basic app, long ago, paid for updates as they came out (usually at a limited time discount), and upgraded to Pro when it became available.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Turns out that this app is now a "freemium" app - you get basic functionality for no cost. In other words, it's going to be free and stay free.

If you want a bit more function, you pay the one-time fee ($9.99, USD) for a Pro version. Of course, if you already had the app prior to this upgrade, you get the Pro features free.

So, there's no rush to get this as it's going to remain free. Then, people can decide if they want the Pro features.

Marilyn
Ha, nothing is really free in this world lol.

Sent from my WiFi Only Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display in NYC using Tapatalk HD

Most reactions

Latest posts