What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ZooGue Case Review

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My retired Apple case warped all the time and the fix was to reshape it. I don't have this problem with my new ZooGue yet but suspect I will due to the pressure from then support latch (for lack of a better term). And when I do, I'll do the same as the 'ole Apple case.

Besides,, we got ZooGue Gen 1..... I'm sure Gen 2, 3, etc...... will be better, better, better :D

Last edited:

Ultrimate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Great quality pics and very thought out review, however the case makes the iPad too thick, it would be nice if it can detach somehow from the 2 nd layer when u don't need the kick stand and straps or whatever..

Looks good quality, and if I was still in school I would proll buy..

But I got a decent case off ebay for like 6 bucks, does the job, no kickstand tho..

Overall I think this will be very popular case for the iPad, a lil pricey tho.

pik0

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.TheDailyMapper.com
Just got the ZooGue (what the heck does that mean, anyway?!) and I must say, the wifey was very happy. I'm impressed with the fit and finish. Looks great, nice new leather smell. Tried out all the flaps and panels and everything works properly. iPad slips in easily, yet snug enough that it won't fall out. Love the omni angle easel. The head-rest straps make a nice case strap to keep the front cover closed. Not sure if that was intended, but it came naturally.

We were really impressed not only with the case, but also the packaging. Looks like they've taken a page from the Apple play book. Cardboard case is covered in white printed slick paper so it shows the product and usages. Top cover of box has magnetic latch to hold the box closed. Not some flimsy box you throw away. This one is a keeper and will be used to store the ipad, when in the case to keep it safe. Well played...

At $49.94, it's well worth it considering shipping is free. Must have cost $10 to get it to use priority mail. I ordered it on Sunday and it was here by Tuesday.

Well job Tim and team. Hope you sell a million!! Joining mailing list for the free accessories... :)

Piko

papa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Pulled the trigger last night. I cannot wait to test it out.

papa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got case today. Ordered weds I think so got here pert fast. Ditto all that matt said. Seems to be a fine case and I am happy with it.

bakes99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Loved at first, Like now

For those who have received your ZooGue case, is your case top (the part that folds and is used as the base when using it as a stand) warped? Mine seems to be. It curves up on the edges, just wondering if this is intended?

Just to let you know that you are not alone. The flap/screen cover is now starting to bow outwards a little and am noticing a little bubbling on the inside of the cover.
Did not notice this at first but seems to be getting a little worse now. I gonna say that I still really like this case. Guess I'll just use the elastic to keep the cover flat.
Again, I gonna reiterate that I still like this case.

applecore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How is the case working for you now that you have used it a bit? I have an Apple case on order and am thinking of cancelling based on this and other reviews. Any feedback would help with the decision. Also, great photos on your review:)

bakes99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So far the case is working out well. I use the little stand often, as it sits it at optimal position no matter which position I'm in. Haven't had anything to compare it to, but it doesn't seem to add too much size to the Ipad, yet seems quite protective. Fits the perfectly. Other than the couple little issues previously mentioned, slight warping of the screen cover and bubbling on inside, I like it.
I did anguish over the right case. (I know i need to get a life)

Just realized you weren't talking to me.

muyoso

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I too am having the slight warping issue. I am going to test leaving the case strapped shut with the velcro stretchy things at night to see if it corrects itself.

newfmp3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
nice to see developer support taking note on all these comments. While I'm not ordering one myself ( it'll be 75 or 80+ bucks here in Canada) maybe as time passes and this matures I"ll see it as worth the cost.

applecore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The case I received came very promptly, in nice packaging. The case itself smells of quality leather. The ipad easily slides in and out and the port openings, as mentioned above, align perfectly. Perhaps no one else has had this issue, but my case at the bottom, which surrounds the home button on the ipad, has separated and the white innards are showing! It is not a terrible thing, I have used a little black marker to try and cover the white which "peeks" through; however, it was worth mentioning as I think with continued use this may become a problem. Or maybe in manufacturing, my ipad case is the only one? :-( Overall, I would recommend this case very highly. It is the type of case you want for your ipad to be able to view it, carry it, protect it and have oodles of fun with. P.S. I just took the case out of the mail today!

Ultrimate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm gonna buy one, I have the ipad on my chest as I lay in bed and I need it to be upright, plus it looks very sturdy.. Can't wait..

applenoob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just ordered one Tim...Can't wait to get it!!!!!!!

Edit: Checked my email just now (7 Hours later) and received notification that it ALREADY SHIPPED!!!!!! WOW...great customer service!

Last edited:

Most reactions