What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zagg Mate Idea, Issues

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
stillestund said:
Does anyone know if it is possible to get the keyboard to write the scandinavian (Danish) letters æ,ø,å ? It looks like a great accessorie for the ipad I plan to get, and I can't find any Danish keyboard except for the "big" apple bluetooth keyboard,

I know in to make accents over letters like in Spanish you hold the key that you want the accent on and you drag your finger to the one you want. But the zaggmate doesn't do this. Dárñ

ZAGG

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You may get new feet from ZAGG. Complimentary, of course. Use the alt key to get different characters or change the settings on the iPad for various keyboard layouts and languages. Michael has hit on one of the improvements on ZAGGmate for iPad 2.

stillestund

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Use the alt key to get different characters or change the settings on the iPad for various keyboard layouts and languages. Michael has hit on one of the improvements on ZAGGmate for iPad 2.

so it is possible via the ipad settings get get the letters I need? sorry that I don't understand, I just wanted to make sure :)

goalweiser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you guys going to strengthen the hinge at all? All of the tabs holding mine in just broke so I'm hoping they'll be a little stronger for the iPad 2.

Will you be selling replacement hinges?

ZAGG

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We won't sell you a hinge, but we will give you one. Just give us a call or email. Sounds like you must have received a defective one. The new ones are stronger than the first shipments.

kc2ped

iPF Noob
Reaction score
slothead said:
Michael,
I think most of your points have been mentioned before. I didn't see you mention the cursor key mixup, but maybe I missed it. Regardless, I fully agree with all your points and you addressed them very well. Good post.

The ZAGGmate has a special key for switching to an international keyboard so if those characters are supported by one of the international layouts supported by iOS it will be easy to access them. You just need to enable the appropriate keyboard in iOS. The only downside is that the ZAGGmate's keycaps cant change to show you where those keys are like the soft keyboard so you have to memorize their locations.

stillestund

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there any protective case that works with the zaggmate with keyboard, that protects the back -and sides? I looked at the side, but I only found the leather ones and invisible shield, but I'm thinking a bit more protection, like silicone would be nice. But I guess if it protects the sides as well it wouldn't fit in the zaggmate

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have to say, I am impressed with how fast they get back to people, I like that they actually listen unlike most of the companies!

ZAGG

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's my pleasure. By the way, our website has been updated with the pictures of the ZAGGmate for the iPad 2. Shipments will begin next week. Some of the updates include the following:

1. Lower front lip
2. Smaller on/ off switch
3. Larger pairing button
4. Updated key printing on keyboard and a few extra functions
5. Lower edges to accommodate thinner iPad
6. Headphone cutout
7. Switched charging port for iPad from left side to right side
8. Magnet to activate auto on/ off function on iPad
9. Wider and thinner feet for back of ZAGGmate with stronger adhesive
10. Harder anodizing to reduce scratches

Enjoy!

realistdreamer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've seen the new pictures and I'm totally excited. Too bad the arrow keys issue is still there, but I'm stoked to receive mine soon. Looks like a very flexible tool.

I called today about a skin or InvisibleShield for the zaggmate for ipad 2 and there's nothing there yet. I guess I'll be using the feet on the bottom alone for awhile. Hope the new aluminum holds up to my lifestyle.

ZAGG

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We did change the arrow keys a bit. The bottom three are what you would expect on a standard keyboard. Left, Down, Right. The top one is to the right pointing up. People said they liked that trade off the best. Centering the up would make the shift key very small. We are looking at the more traditional 1/2 up and down arrows for the up and down in the future. The aluminum is definitely more scratch resistant, but it is still aluminum. I'll check on invisibleSHIELDS for the ZAGGmate now.

slothead

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
tjmanson1.wordpress.com
ZAGG said:
We did change the arrow keys a bit. The bottom three are what you would expect on a standard keyboard. Left, Down, Right. The top one is to the right pointing up. People said they liked that trade off the best. Centering the up would make the shift key very small. We are looking at the more traditional 1/2 up and down arrows for the up and down in the future. The aluminum is definitely more scratch resistant, but it is still aluminum. I'll check on invisibleSHIELDS for the ZAGGmate now.

Zagg you are strictly talking about the iP-2 right? You haven't modded the one for the original iPad have you?

Most reactions

Latest posts