What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You've Got Mail

OP
leelai

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wonderful emails!

Diane.....how gorgeous is this....they will grow up best friends.
It reminds of a cat I once had who always slept with me! :p

LannyC......I'm lucky it's cold here! :D

Johanna.....that was so cute but so informative too! A great tool for kids
And very funny! :p

I loved them all!!

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
What's not to like? Learning made extra fun! Thank him for us all!.
Yes, I got to love it twice!

:) Peace begins with a smile :)
- Mother Teresa.
iPad 2

- Mother Teresa.
iPad 2

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I got mail! This is for all the great Aussie's on staff!

Brave koala survives 88km ride to Gympie
By Janel Shorthouse and Ursula WhartonA koala survived being hit by a car near Maryborough early Friday morning only to be later discovered clinging to the car's grille at a service station approximately 88 kilometres down the road at Gympie.
The koala, now named Timberwolf, was spotted by the Gympie taxi driver and his occupants when they stopped to refuel. They then assisted in keeping the rather dishevelled and startled marsupial from wandering onto the highway.
Local veterinarian Geoff Collyer was called to the scene shortly after 2.30am.
"It was very, very scared and very wide-eyed," Dr Collyer said.
"It was making horrible noises at everybody who was trying to stop him from getting hit again.
"I took a big sheet to pull over him. You put it over them from behind so they can't get to you and you hold them by the shoulders and arms. You wrap them up like a tight little baby and they de-stress because it's nice and dark and snug."
Later collected and taken to the Australian Wildlife Hospital at Australia Zoo, Dr Collyer says Timberwolf looked to be in good condition.
"The crew from Australia Zoo came and confirmed they thought he was a juvenile," he said.
"Surprisingly he was looking really good later that morning.
"He didn't appear to have any broken bones and he was trying to find little things to eat - he was really quite bright."
Dr Collyer says it's an amazing story of survival and one he will never forget.
"There are plenty of urban myths about things jumping onto cars as they go past, and until you see it yourself you don't' really think it could ever happen," he said.
"It's all part of the job - the good stories make it all worth it."
2y4y3ede.jpg

- Mother Teresa.
iPad 2

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I got mail! This is for all the great Aussie's on staff!

Brave koala survives 88km ride to Gympie
By Janel Shorthouse and Ursula WhartonA koala survived being hit by a car near Maryborough early Friday morning only to be later discovered clinging to the car's grille at a service station approximately 88 kilometres down the road at Gympie.
The koala, now named Timberwolf, was spotted by the Gympie taxi driver and his occupants when they stopped to refuel. They then assisted in keeping the rather dishevelled and startled marsupial from wandering onto the highway.
Local veterinarian Geoff Collyer was called to the scene shortly after 2.30am.
"It was very, very scared and very wide-eyed," Dr Collyer said.
"It was making horrible noises at everybody who was trying to stop him from getting hit again.
"I took a big sheet to pull over him. You put it over them from behind so they can't get to you and you hold them by the shoulders and arms. You wrap them up like a tight little baby and they de-stress because it's nice and dark and snug."
Later collected and taken to the Australian Wildlife Hospital at Australia Zoo, Dr Collyer says Timberwolf looked to be in good condition.
"The crew from Australia Zoo came and confirmed they thought he was a juvenile," he said.
"Surprisingly he was looking really good later that morning.
"He didn't appear to have any broken bones and he was trying to find little things to eat - he was really quite bright."
Dr Collyer says it's an amazing story of survival and one he will never forget.
"There are plenty of urban myths about things jumping onto cars as they go past, and until you see it yourself you don't' really think it could ever happen," he said.
"It's all part of the job - the good stories make it all worth it."
2y4y3ede.jpg

- Mother Teresa.
iPad 2
Wonderful story, thanks Diane. We have Koala warning signs on many roads in the Adelaide Hills, as they do tend to wander across roads especially at night. This little guy was a lucky one surviving an altercation like that with a vehicle, but quite amazing really that he did that by clinging to the car's grill:eek:
Andrew

Last edited:
OP
leelai

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow Diane! You saw this story too! It was reported in our newspapers here earlier in the week. It is such an amazing story that he survived the hit and then could hang on for as long as he did. I am so glad that he was able to be saved.....we too have many signs for Koalas and Kangaroos here in Queensland!

Australia Zoo is the Zoo which Steve Irwin's dad opened many years ago, Steve's widow and their kids now run the zoo.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
@squib ...thanks for posting that. I didn't see this in our news, but glad to see it here. What a great ending to something that could have ended badly. That poor Koala...he certainly is a fighter to stay alive! :)

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thank you ALL for such wonderful feedback. I think the koala is my favorite Australian animal! This story amazed me. Do they like the warmth of radiators or do they like cooler areas? Thanks again, all of you!
Diane.

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Kid's say the darnedest things! That's why I love them so much!:rolleyes::)

ENJOY!!!
While I sat in the reception area of my doctor's office, a woman rolled an elderly man in a wheelchair into the room. As she went to the receptionist's desk, the man sat there, alone and silent. Just as I was thinking I should make small talk with him, a little boy slipped off his mother's lap and walked over to the wheelchair. Placing his hand on the man's, he said, “I know how you feel. My Mom makes me ride in the stroller too.”

As I was nursing my baby, my cousin's six-year-old daughter, Krissy, came into the room. Never having seen anyone breast feed before, she was intrigued and full of all kinds of questions about what I was doing. After mulling over my answers, she remarked, “My mom has some of those, but I don't think she knows how to use them.”

Out bicycling one day with my eight-year-old granddaughter, Carolyn, I got a little wistful. “In ten years,” I said, “you'll want to be with your friends and you won't go walking, biking, and swimming with me like you do now.

Carolyn shrugged. “In ten years you'll be too old to do all those things anyway.”

Working as a pediatric nurse, I had the difficult assignment of giving immunization shots to children. One day, I entered the examining room to give four-year-old Lizzie her injection.

“No, no, no!” she screamed.

“Lizzie,” scolded her mother, "that's not polite behavior.”

With that, the girl yelled even louder, “No, thank you! No, thank you!"

On the way back from a Cub Scout meeting, my grandson innocently said to my son, “Dad, I know babies come from mommie's tummies, but how do they get there in the first place?”

After my son hemmed and hawed awhile, my grandson finally spoke up in disgust, “You don't have to make up something, Dad. It’s okay if you don’t know the answer.”

Just before I was deployed to Iraq, I sat my eight-year-old son down and broke the news to him. “I’m going to be away for a long time,” I told him. “I’m going to Iraq.”

“Why?” he asked. “Don't you know there’s a war going on over there?”

Paul Newman founded theHole in the Wall Gang Campfor children stricken with cancer, AIDS, and blood diseases. One afternoon, he and his wife, Joanne Woodward, stopped by to have lunch with the kids. A counselor at a nearby table, suspecting the young patients wouldn’t know Newman was a famous movie star, explained, “That’s the man who made this camp possible. Maybe you’ve seen his picture on his salad dressing bottle?”
Blank stares.

“Well, you’ve probably seen his face on his lemonade carton.”

An eight-year-old girl perked up. “How long was he missing?”

And my personal favorite…

God’s Problem Now!

His wife's graveside service was just barely finished, when there was a massive clap of thunder, followed by a tremendous bolt of lightning, accompanied by even more thunder rumbling in the distance. The little, old man looked at the pastor and calmly said, "Well, she’s there."
Keep a SMILE on your face ~And a SONG in your heart! A smile - is a sign of joy. A hug - is a sign of love. A laugh - is a sign of happiness. And a friend like me? - Well that's just a sign of good taste! We'll be friends until I am senile. Then we'll be NEW friends.
--
don't walk behind me I may not lead,
dont walk ahead of me I may not follow.
just walk with me and be my friend..:)

Most reactions

Latest posts