What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You've Got Mail

OP
leelai

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lol.....I'm loving these little guys! :rolleyes:

I really like the new 'Like' system and select them for the icon they show rather than the meaning behind it.....like the heart to me should signify that you love something, rather than 'friendly'. :p

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The heart is nice, that's true. I also think more of "loving" a post than being friendly. :)

When I first saw them, I supposed that the beautiful rainbow is positive, but was surprised when I read it isn't. :confused:

There are several members who don't know this, and gave "optimistic" to someone's post, thus giving a "neutral" rating. I think they wanted to rate positive. I was tempted to use it too, just because I thought it's a nice rating. :oops:

Last edited:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think that the optimistic rating actually signifies overly optimistic. We need it to be much easier for members to know just exactly what these ratings mean before they give them. Members do have the ability to remove any relating they made and replace it with a better one if they choose. In the rating box of a post where they left a rating is a undo rating button on the right side.

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
IMHO, ratings are more than a bit narcissistic, just like all social media. If we must have them, I'd guess everyone would understand thumbs up/down, or a number of stars; the rest are just silly. Does someone give me a rainbow because he suspects I'm gay? And if he does, should I be insulted or flattered? :)

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The rainbow rating means (overly)optimistic and is actually a neutral rating, not a positive one.
The word overly in parentheses is my addition.

Last edited:

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
IMHO, ratings are more than a bit narcissistic, just like all social media. If we must have them, I'd guess everyone would understand thumbs up/down, or a number of stars; the rest are just silly. Does someone give me a rainbow because he suspects I'm gay? And if he does, should I be insulted or flattered? :)

Presumably as in Judy Garland singing "Somewhere, over the rainbow..."

LOL I loved these two quotes so much Lanny that I gave you a nice pink heart (for a Like) for them.
At which point I would also like to say:
To Whom It May Concern:
Please never, ever attach a Rainbow emoticon to my posts:eek:
Andrew

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
A BOY AND HIS DOG,

It all began last Christmas, when two of Shyba’s older children, Jack and Zoe, met Santa Claus in New York and asked him for a puppy. The family’s NY apartment prohibited them from owning a dog, but after they moved out of the city, they began visiting shelters to look for the perfect pup.

After a few weeks of searching local shelters, they found a puppy that they fell in love with – Theo. He craved human friendship and attention from the moment he came home with his new family and, three days after coming home with them, he joined Beau for his daily nap. His mother, overpowered by the cuteness (as we all probably are), took a picture, and the rest is history

nuve7e2a.jpg

9ate2a5e.jpg

eva9e9un.jpg

vy4ysa5e.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/27/erehedys.jpg[/IMG

][IMG]http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/27/damasyte.jpg

upu6ypa6.jpg

e8yqe5ed.jpg

2udu9e6a.jpg

evedubar.jpg

4e6u6yze.jpg

ganabydu.jpg

maza6uza.jpg

I was only given the choice of best or small on the little ones! So it's a mish-mash. Cute though! For those who like babies or dogs! :)

Leelai, thinking of you! Thanks for the hi's!

:) Peace begins with a smile :)
- Mother Teresa.
iPad 2

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Want to learn a little bit chemistry? Here's a youtube video, from an email I just received from my son:

It's not as lame as it sounds. In fact, I was laughing the whole time while watching it. Enjoy!

Last edited:

Most reactions