What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

YouTube app

klwallace12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey everybody....I have a new iPad 2....the YouTube app shows really grainy...the video quality is much better when viewing on YouTube site...however, now when I try to access site the videos won't play at all...I am running on 3G service with 3bars of signal....anybody else have issues with video quality on YouTube? Is there a fix for this?....

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello-

I tried viewing YouTube videos using 3G and it was very slow and choppy. My iPad was constantly trying to search for a signal. I think that it really depends on your carrier and the coverage in your location when using 3G and watching videos.

Have you tried to go somewhere like Starbucks and use their wifi connection vs your 3G connection to view and to compare quality?

OP
K

klwallace12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wish I could between work and 2 toddlers I don't have a chance to run out to check that....I'm crossing my fingers we get wifi at home in the next few weeks...but from what I have read around this forum wifi is much better for the iPad.....

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh for sure wifi connection is much better...and faster than 3G. You will love it and feel a bit impatient when having to switch back to 3G when needed. At least that was how I felt when I used my virgin mifi device when I went up north. It is not as fast as my home network, that is for sure.

Most reactions

Latest posts