What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

YouTube Mobile site?

Hopper200456

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone else ticked that they ditched the YouTube app leaving us with having to use the mobile site? When I heard that google and apple were making a new YouTube app, I was super excited. The old app was good for viewing youtube videos.... But that's about it.

Then I heard that the app wasn't coming to iPad. That frustrated me so much. I mean, the mobile site isn't THAT bad, but it feels like it was made for the iPhone. And, I use Youtube, like, 3 hours a day, so... Yeah. What do you think about this topic? Would you like an optional YouTube app for iPad? Are you upset that the mobile site doesn't have HD?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hopper200456 said:
Anyone else ticked that they ditched the YouTube app leaving us with having to use the mobile site? When I heard that google and apple were making a new YouTube app, I was super excited. The old app was good for viewing youtube videos.... But that's about it.

Then I heard that the app wasn't coming to iPad. That frustrated me so much. I mean, the mobile site isn't THAT bad, but it feels like it was made for the iPhone. And, I use Youtube, like, 3 hours a day, so... Yeah. What do you think about this topic? Would you like an optional YouTube app for iPad? Are you upset that the mobile site doesn't have HD?

The YouTube app is indeed coming to the iPad. Just keep checking the App Store and download it then. In the meantime you can use the iPhone YouTube app.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
There is also a free Jasmine - YouTube Client app that some people have been recommending. I have not tried it myself, not being a heavy YouTube user; but it's getting good reviews, and not just on the App Store.

Most reactions