What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

you're kidding me - i cant order my apps!!?

gagvent

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tell me please - there has to be a way for me to group apps the way i want to see them/.... so the game apps dont get mixerd up with the work apps....i've got 4 pages of increasingly hard to navigate apps....

nbg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can't group them in a folder as such (yet), buy hold down on any app for a couple of seconds and they will all wobble, you can then move the app where ever you want it to group apps together.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Last edited:

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tell me please - there has to be a way for me to group apps the way i want to see them
There is this really great document out there called the iPad User Guide that unfortunately, Apple does not include with the iPad. It is available as a free .pdf download or you can view the online version using Safari with the bookmark that is already there.

Lots of great stuff in there, like --

ipad19.jpg

DarkLordEnron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Unfortunately, (or fortunately, for some) jail breaking is the only way to add functionality for things apple "conveniently" forgot to include in the firmware.
Having 11 pages of apps is very inconvenient.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
But being able to re-arrange your screens is very much possible in the Apple environment with no jailbreak required.

As far as 11 pages not being enough, that will give you 220 apps plus the 5 static apps. When iOS4 comes out with folders, that will give you 2420 plus the five static apps.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
But being able to re-arrange your screens is very much possible in the Apple environment with no jailbreak required.

As far as 11 pages not being enough, that will give you 220 apps plus the 6 static apps. When iOS4 comes out with folders, that will give you 2420 plus the six static apps.

Fixed it for ya...;)

DarkLordEnron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was referring to folders not rearranging single apps, sorry for the confusion!

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Folders are nice, but not everything should be in folders. For those who only have a couple of pages of apps, there is little need for folders. And if you have a lot of apps, you can group them with the closer pages being more frequently used items.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
Sorry, but you can honestly tell me that you have 11 pages of apps and use all of them constantly and cant live with removing any of them.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, since he clarified his statement, I now think what he is trying to say is that he would rather have a page (or two) with folders than having to hunt down an app from among the 11 pages and I get that. I just started my 5th page of apps (thank goodness mostly with free stuff!) and folders will make things more convenient I will admit.

Actually, purging some of the free and 99¢ apps that I don't really use would help a lot!

DarkLordEnron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have three folders. Tools, Games, Productivity. Other than that, apps are dispersed randomly or in places that I can remember by location.

Most reactions