What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your Story where iPad ruled!

Philia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
At a restaurant dinner last night with about 15 people (using various data phones, ) I realized my iPad had been hijacked and was being passed around and around the table being used for various searches , closest Winnery and NASA map site for crustal movement where my favorites. Even the iPhones were left on the table. Love that 3G . What's your story?

SporkLover

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Went to the Frankfurt Apple Store today with my iPad 2 (I purchased it a week ago in Illinois just in time before I left for my business trip). Because the official International launch isn't till next week, I was the only one in the store with one. Got many interested looks from the Apple employees there, a few actually wanted to hold it and mess with it.

Trky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
While watching a NCAA baseball game I Was able to stream live NCAA basketball games and stay 100% updated on their progress. I was the o ly person there with an iPad to begin with but I had a lot of looks from people and repeatedly heard "that's the iPad 2" from others in the stands. Pretty awesome.

OP
P

Philia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So cool!

What app were you using to stream the shows?

Trky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The app to watch NCAA basketball is called NCAA (March Madness on Demand). It's free to anyone with an ipad, ipod, iphone.

To stream movies and tv to my ipad I use a combination of Orb, Plex, Netflix, Hulu, and slingbox.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As a project lead in a telco, I used to be the only one in the team without a smartphone, and the iPhone in particular, which was the gadget of choice amongst the software engineers and business analysts.

About a week before the iPad (1st generation) was launched, we received a couple of test models for setting up and configuring various 3G data plans but I didn't tell them in advance. So I turned up at our daily catchup meeting and quietly put the iPad on the table amidst the iPhones, and watched everyone's eyes fall out of their sockets (not literally).

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Told this one before but worth retelling.
Had a (very) distant cousin from New Zealand staying. We threw a dinner party and she was talking about the view from her new home.
Whipped out the iPad, fired in her postal code to google maps and was able to display the street view from outside her house in 360 degrees. It was the speed that impressed.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I was in my year 10 (15 year olds) class and they were all talking about how good their phones and gadgets were even an iPhone 4 so I couldn't resist taking out my iPad and playing with star walk and elements (science lesson). My "street cred" went up after that. I know they are kids but believe me it's hard to impress them at that age.

Most reactions

Latest posts