What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You want to know what I think?

icrazy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After a few days use of the iPad I have found it to be a true '20-10' product. For the last 9 years we have had to pronounce the year as two thousand and six or two thousand and one and so on. But now getting to say that the year is twenty ten sounds...well futurey.
Point is this; the iPad is a true twenty ten product, not because of what it dose or does not have but because of how well it can do what it was made to do. Media consumption.
I woke up this morning and I usely have to walk by my massive custom built gaming computer that has 12 gigs of DDR3 ran and an i7 (octo-core CPU) and I turn it on, then I go brush my teeth and come back, now that it has booted up. I then start my day with media consumption. Read the news, catch up on things, network with people, then maybe throw on some music, and so on.
You know what I did this morning?
grabbed the iPad from the dock and in 2.1 seconds I was on-line (my $5K computer cant do that) I walked to the bathroom reading the news then used Reuters to stream some video news while I brushed my teeth.
Once done I went to the kitchen and was cooking and I used the case (Apple case, love it!) to prop it up and watched Lost on the ABC app while I cooked breakfast.
While eating I read the rest of my news and then stood up and looked at my computer and realized this is the stuff I usely do then I get to do all that other stuff on my computer after the dressing, cooking, and eating.
So there I am with a full extra half hour due to the fact that my iPad went with me while I do the boring stuff and thus made things more fun and efficient.
----------------------------
I love it and am having so much fun. You know whats great? Its the apps. Its not like we can go out to best buy (computer store) and buy 5 or 7 new computer programs for our MAC or PC cus that would be like $200-$280+ on software. Here we can go on and buy a program like 'star walk' (a MUST) for i think $7.99 and then get a RSS news reader for $4.99 a few games for 0.99 up to 12.99 all the while we have not even broke $30.00! All the sudden your touch screen computer (iPad) can show you what stars your looking at and how to identify them, you have all your news in one place, and got some fun new games. We got used to this on the iphone/touch but now we have this on a computer! I think this point is being some what missed/understated and or taken for granted.

Welcome to 2010.

AbblePC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Great story, explains a typical iPad moring for most users. I especially liked how you showed it as a time saving device.

"Time travel with the use of the new 2010 iPad!" :p

mac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can the iPad stream music to a hifi (via an Airport Express) yet?

I think I'd need that. For the past God knows how many years, when I get up and then I stagger down the stairs I flip open my MBP and I'm both immediately online and an unlimited choice of sounds are available (i.e. Grooveshark)

The MBP stands to attention on the table in the kitchen while I fix breakfast, etc so I can check the news, etc without needing to hold it. Then, while eating breakfast I can browse through my key sites, and the screen is perfectly positioned, and the keyboard and trackpad are right there, leaving my hands totally free for breakfast.

Breakfast is done and the bathroom beckons. I usually take a break from media consumption in the shower. Though I do find my HP tx2 convertible tablet works wonders on the kharzi (but only with the 6 cell battery pack that provides a great one-handed grip).

And when I need to hit the road, just flip them shut and the music's off and my machines go to sleep, waiting to spring into action when I need them again.

The biggest problem with the laptops is just starting to raise it's head again as the summer moves in. It becomes way more difficult to view the news and top up the tan while eating breakfast on the veranda. How's the iPad in that regard?

We'll probably have a launch here sometime in June. Are my summer mornings saved?

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The year is 2005. Apple introduces the Apple iPad. There are no apps store, and no one has any clue as to what it could be used for. It is a major flop.

The iPad is very much a device of its time. When the iPhone came out, it was only a fancy telephone with added capabilities. But it brought about a severe market shift and created a whole field of consumer abilities. One of my employees was talking about how much his iPhone has done for his ability to get things done. It is a whole new world from such a short time ago. And this is the next phase of it.

Most reactions