What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yahoo Contacts Accessability

ipadmsk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I use Yahoo email through Safari on my Mac there are tabs for 'Inbox' and 'Contacts'. When I use Safari on iPad and pull up Yahoo email there isn't a tab, button or access for 'Contacts'. I want to be able to scroll through my contacts on iPad as I use the other fields to put in notes on people, etc. What am I missing? Should there be access for my Contacts on iPad or ???

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Yahoo redirects iPad's to the tablet version of the site, which does not have Contacts. You can bypass this using a third party browser like Atomic or iCab Mobile (by setting the browser ID to a none mobile browser), but the desktop site does not work very well on the iPad. There may be third party apps that work well with both Yahoo Mail and Contacts, but I have not found one.

So, in the end the best way to get you Yahoo Contacts on the iPad is to add your Yahoo account in Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars. If you don't want to use the Mail or Calendar syncing features, just turn them off

As far as being able to work between mail and contacts to get info, all I can recommend is starting both apps, then using the four finger multitasking swipe to move back and forth between the apps (iPad 2, iOS 5 and up), or double tapping the Home Button.

maleaco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yahoo redirects iPad's to the tablet version of the site, which does not have Contacts. You can bypass this using a third party browser like Atomic or iCab Mobile (by setting the browser ID to a none mobile browser), but the desktop site does not work very well on the iPad. There may be third party apps that work well with both Yahoo Mail and Contacts, but I have not found one.

So, in the end the best way to get you Yahoo Contacts on the iPad is to add your Yahoo account in Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars. If you don't want to use the Mail or Calendar syncing features, just turn them off

As far as being able to work between mail and contacts to get info, all I can recommend is starting both apps, then using the four finger multitasking swipe to move back and forth between the apps (iPad 2, iOS 5 and up), or double tapping the Home Button.

How come their tablet version doent have contacts, dont you think they should add support for this lol

Most reactions