What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

xCon question

Gotmilk0112

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After receiving a notification from Skype that it "does not work with modified versions of iOS", I went to download xCon, though xCon seems to be causing issues.

After installing xCon and respringing...Skype won't open. Neither will Jump Desktop, another app I use frequently. If I tap the icon, it starts to open, but as soon as it fills the screen, it just snaps back to the home screen again. It'll do this endlessly, even if I manually close the app in the multitasking...list.

However, despite Skype saying "get out of here you dirty jailbreaker", it still appears to work perfectly fine. It logs in fine, sends/receives messages fine, and the whole 9 yards.

Do I really need xCon, then? Skype is the only app that I have that seems to detect jailbreaks, and if I do install xCon, then it causes some apps to crash immediately upon opening.

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I believe that if you're making calls with Skype, a jailbroken device may not be able to make calls with credits. P2P calls should still work. I haven't had any issues with Skype on my jailbroken devices for simple messaging.

OP
G

Gotmilk0112

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't use Skype for calls, only messaging, and messaging still appears to work fine.

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Not sure why they implemented the checker to be honest, considering how purchasing credits is not client-sided, so pirates can't get free credits.

Pazuzu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.wtfcinema.com
Yeah.. I was wondering about that... I guess they don't want to lose a large portion of their users but still want to keep their appearances....
Can't wait for xcon to get updated...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Most reactions

Latest posts