What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 4.3.3 crashing when trying to run an app

shoeshine

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Any app. I installed cydia yesterday. Today I purchased and installed location spoofer. After installing it, my ipad rebooted. The lock screen looked weird, it was down in the bottom left corner. After entering my passcode, my home screen looked weird. The spacing was all wrong, apps were both in their folders and by themselves, it was weird. Trying to run any app, whether installed from the itunes store or cydia, causes a crash/reboot of the ipad. Even trying to open the settings causes a crash. Posting here as a last resort before just restoring the ipad, which will upgrade me to 4.3.5 and make the 2 bucks I spent on that program a complete waste of money.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's a pretty good bet location spoofer was only ever intended for iPhone and not iPad. You need to take care when installing or purchasing packages from Cydia to try and ascertain whether they are designed for the iPad or not.

Since this one was released in January 2010 it's a good bet it wasn't going to be up to date in terms of iPad compatibility on 4.x IOS, although I am the first to concede it is not obvious from the description on Cydia.

With older packages it is hard to tell, because developers did not have to be aware of other devices back then. One good indicator is to always look for the version of IOS it supports and also the screenshots. If they are all iPhone, which is the case for this app, then you need to double check before you buy it... Same if it mentions 3.x firmware. Always a bad sign for compatibility.

Perhaps if you contact BigBoss/Cydia and explain the situation they will issue a refund?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Before you do any restoring, have you been able to get back to Cydia to uninstall that tweak?

Cause the odds are, if you can get that tweak off, your iPad will be back to normal - without the odd stuff happening. Then, you can take the time to ask the developer for a refund (or update) ... or just chalk the $2 up to experience.

Good luck.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts