What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WWDC 2021

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Apple has announced the all online WWDC 21 from June 7-11. The theme this year is “And away we code”. The keynote will be on the morning of June 7 where we will learn about the new versions of iOS, iPadOS, and macOS. We should also see presentations of new apps and app developers. There could be new hardware announcements but that doesn’t always happen. the keynote will be live streamed from Apple’s website and their YouTube channel.
245D1D1F-A604-4DC5-A32C-F5A66B3810DB.jpeg

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Even less. The keynote is today.

OP
scifan57

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
App Library has come to iPadOS 15 with a button on the dock for instant access from any Home Screen.

OP
scifan57

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Apple has announced the Legacy contact feature in iCloud. You can add people to the list and when you’ve passed away they can be given access to all your account info. This will prevent the loss of your data when you’re gone.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Monterey = the next macOS - hope that this Big Sur replacement will come w/ much fewer bugs and more stability, which has caused plenty of headaches on the MacForums (my goto iMac/Laptop forum) - one member before the announcement jokingly guessed that Death Valley might be appropriate! ;):cool: Dave

OP
scifan57

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Things I’m looking forward to:

Live Text: Especially if there are some decent Shortcuts actions. I’ve managed to build a batch OCR shortcut using the Tool Box app (a Shortcuts action extention), but would be much happier if the entire shortcut was native.

Shortcuts on MacOS: I love Shortcuts. They are much easier to set up and use than the older automation utilities on the Mac.

Swift Playgrounds: Even if all I can do is create simple apps for my own use and amusement, this is a big deal. The gap between what I’ve done in the past (C64 Basic) and XCode is a leap I’ve never quite been able to make.

Things I’m happy to see for others:

Don’t have a huge social network, and most of my family don’t use Apple products, so these features are good, but I probably won’t use them much, if at all.

Screen Sharing: It’s always been a weak spot for iOS users, making it difficult to help family and friends with their devices remotely. This should help a lot. Hopefully it’s easy to use.

FaceTime Meeting Links: Because the links can be used in browses on other platforms, it should eliminate the complicated setup (on both platforms) of other video apps. Just send Windows Mom a link via email. Again, hopefully this will be easy to use.

* Evidently the text selection magnifying glass is making a comeback. I’ve missed it.

Most reactions

Latest posts