What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Writer/illustrator looking for developer

Olikarna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello out there!
I'm looking for an enthusiastic iPad developer.
Main objective is to explore and create exiting and innovative childrens-books for the iPad.

Anyone interested?

Best, Óli

Last edited:

mac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You're probably better off developing them in Flash right now. It gives you access to a much bigger universe because I suspect that until the Ipad is made a bit more rugged there won't be many kids out there getting access to daddy's new toy (but they might get to play with his increasingly neglected desktop/laptop)

Last edited:
OP
O

Olikarna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well you might be right, but ... I'm also a graphic designer, betting on the future, and having gone through the transition time when the desktop replaced offsett-printing, I think we are at a crossroads: the platform iPad creates is here to stay, and will only increase. I'm looking for ways into this field and hit the ground running when this will be the defacto media.

mac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree that the penetration of the touchscreen interface will grow in the future, but I can't understand why you would want to limit your potential universe to just the Apple universe when it is, and is likely to remain, relatively tiny.

You can already do some amazing things with books in Flash, and Flash developers are a pretty common species as 98% of browsers in the world can run Flash (only around 1-2% of total browsing is on Apple mobile devices). So creating a very cool, interactive children's book that can run as an app or within a browser is relatively easy and cheap to do. And once it's done, it can be made available to around fifty times more people. So lower costs and higher income.

And if you're concerned that the iPad will be the only tablet touchscreen device available, apparently there's somewhere between 50 and 80 devices due to be launched over the next year (and none of them will be able to run iPad apps)

Most reactions