What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Would you pay for a ipad2 JB today?

Mountaingamer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just throwing out the question - if a ipad2 jailbreak was released today for a fee- would you a: buy it, and b: how much would you be willing to pay?
I would personally pay $10 just to end the agony!

gray_mouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can jb so no prob for me. But I want to start a business here, small via web site and flyers, offering this service. A lot of people don't know how to do this, so they'd pay.

brrip

iPF Noob
Reaction score
you can jailbreak the ipad 2? i seriously doubt that.

gray_mouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jb is free, performing it is called a service. Am I not allowed to sell a service? I'm not catching your logic, it's like it isn't there. Explain what you meant with your question.

brrip

iPF Noob
Reaction score
no, i'm doubting your capability. READ: you can't jailbreak the ipad 2.

it's a service and you can sell it, just that the dev team tries to stop people like you by educating everyone NOT to pay for it.

the moderators will probably shut you down if you try selling it here.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jb is free, performing it is called a service. Am I not allowed to sell a service? I'm not catching your logic, it's like it isn't there. Explain what you meant with your question.
Yes, you can sell a service to jailbreak iPads, but you can not advertise your services on this forum.

Да, вы можете продать службы побег из тюрьмы iPads, но вы не можете рекламировать свои услуги на этом форуме.

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hypothetically.....Just throwing out the question - if a ipad2 jailbreak was released today for a fee- would you a: buy it, and b: how much would you be willing to pay?
I would personally pay $10 just to end the agony!

I rephrased your question...

People pay best buy's geek squad for pc repair...which is a lil similar...Because by default...iOS is a lil lacking...IMHO.

gray_mouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's pointless advertising jb service on site where there are clear instructions on how to do it. I think the moon today is positioned to encourage maximum paranoia.

Jb for 2 is coming out, matter of time.

Any one of you could make money jailbreaking iOS and performing general software related fixes. Extra 1000 a month is always welcome. Especially now that iPad and iPhone are pretty much mainstream, a lot of people own them.

At that pretty much no competition, since most people adopt attitudes where they are sure jb is free since they did it. Thing that you all missing is that not everyone has the head for it.

Last edited:

L.M

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would go as much as $50 if it was the only alternative. To be able to have it a month in advance before free version is out there, probably $20 would be as high as I could pay.

Hypothetical :)

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
JB is free, performing it is called a service. Am I not allowed to sell a service? I'm not catching your logic, it's like it isn't there. Explain what you meant with your question.

EDIT: Not sure who is going into the JB business. I thought it was GMouse so I quoted him/her. Bob is confused apparently. Anyway, whoever it is, here you go.

Bob is on your side. Do not listen to these people that might think how terrible it is you want to charge people to do something they can do for free. That is, if it is possible to JB the iPad 2 in the first place.

You will find lots of folks addicted to free and when you dare to charge for something that is/will be available for free, darn you all to the hotter areas of Heck. You horrific old fart, how dare you? They might say that. Well except for Sweetpoison, she is a doll.

Hot, too. But I digress.

I say go for it, my man. Or girl, not sure of your gender. Make some big dollars, do not cheat, be sure to pay the tax man, and live the good life on your dollars. Earned honestly, Bob wishes you all the luck.

I am all for making dollars by the heap. Nothing wrong unless you FU a few iPads. So make sure you address the 'what if' issues. Also mange sure that you warn people that their warranty is null and void if Apple discovers the j/b.

Luck to Ya, Bob

Last edited:

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Pssst... Hey Bob, gray_mouse was permanently banned from the forum this morning. "Just sayin'..."

Most reactions

Latest posts