What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Winterboard theme for ipad 2

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
teedubbz said:
I'm using blueipad v2 as well and it's "border" theming all of my apps except for phonebooth, FaceTime.

T
Because these are ipad2 specific icons that didn't exist when them was created.
Now that ipad2 is jb....I'm sure we'll see more ipad specific themes coming Into the fray....

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry to burst your bubble, but most paid themes come with an icon maker, where it will apply a "frame" onto the icon to look like the others. Otherwise, they would have to make an icon for every app in the app store. And that would suck.

Rokrdude2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not quite sure to ask here but since we are talking about themes how is Dreamboard compared to winterboard on ipad 2.Saw some excellent themes like boxor HD and Midnight for Dreamboard.

Is Dreamboard stable on ipad 2?

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
graywolf said:
Sorry to burst your bubble, but most paid themes come with an icon maker, where it will apply a "frame" onto the icon to look like the others. Otherwise, they would have to make an icon for every app in the app store. And that would suck.

Good to know.....Haven't used a theme at all since installing parallax & masks which can also be used to apply borders. Never really cared for any of the themes when i can create my own masks in artstudio then use ifile to copy to specific masks folder and walllaaa...1-of-a-kind theme.

Last edited:

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Rokrdude2 said:
Not quite sure to ask here but since we are talking about themes how is Dreamboard compared to winterboard on ipad 2.Saw some excellent themes like boxor HD and Midnight for Dreamboard.

Is Dreamboard stable on ipad 2?

Dream board should work, and hopefully better on iPad 2 because of more horsepower.
It is VERY laggy on iPad 1.

D_LA_ROC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My favorite Winterboard iPad themes I have on my iPad2: iNitsua Z Neostyle, UINique, SilverHaz3, El3ment, Axium, iNitsua Z Twilight and iNviSion. Also Dreamboard, I have: Boxor HD.

iLoveMyiPad2!

Kev2live

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anybody knows any good sources for iPad themes.. I know the ones on the home screen of Cydia can't be the only iPad themes. Can anybody check old sources thy a had a lot of iPhone and iPod themes. Thru might have iPad themes now. I don't know any good sources for anything.

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Kev2live said:
Anybody knows any good sources for iPad themes.. I know the ones on the home screen of Cydia can't be the only iPad themes. Can anybody check old sources thy a had a lot of iPhone and iPod themes. Thru might have iPad themes now. I don't know any good sources for anything.

Have you looked at dreamboard similar to 'winterboard'...has many nice HD themes.

D_LA_ROC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think Dreamboard themes are much better on the iPad than on an iPhone. There's much more room and it seems easier to navigate through the themes. Boxor for the iPad is definitely a good one. And a Dreamboard theme called "Midnight", which looks like android 3.0 Honeycomb from the xoom.

iLoveMyiPad2!

OP
GenerationX

GenerationX

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is dreamboard very laggy. How much memory does it use compared to winterboard

Rokrdude2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Two questions for the experts
1)How do we uninstall themes from winterboard(i mean permanently remove) as I had accidentally installed iphone theme
Can't find theme's in cydia manage packages
2)Can we install themes without restarting ipad. It takes around 3-5 minutes for my ipad2 to restart after I choose a new theme.

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Two questions for the experts
1)How do we uninstall themes from winterboard(i mean permanently remove) as I had accidentally installed iphone theme
Can't find theme's in cydia manage packages
2)Can we install themes without restarting ipad. It takes around 3-5 minutes for my ipad2 to restart after I choose a new theme.

1. Goto cydia>installed tab ~ look for theme name & tap >modify,top right, remove.

2. No need to reboot iPad.....simply respring...should only take 10-15sec.

Most reactions

Latest posts