What's new
Apple iPad Forum

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Winterboard theme for ipad 2

D_LA_ROC

iPF Noob
Joined
Mar 29, 2011
Messages
364
Reaction score
11
Location
Columbus Ohio
Rokrdude2 said:
Two questions for the experts
1)How do we uninstall themes from winterboard(i mean permanently remove) as I had accidentally installed iphone theme
Can't find theme's in cydia manage packages
2)Can we install themes without restarting ipad. It takes around 3-5 minutes for my ipad2 to restart after I choose a new theme.

1: to uninstall winterboard themes, UNcheck them in winterboard then go into Cydia and find them and "Remove"
2: No, you must respiring when installing a theme through Winterboard.
However, Dreamboard requires no respiring, unlike Winterboard,

iLoveMyiPad2!
 

D_LA_ROC

iPF Noob
Joined
Mar 29, 2011
Messages
364
Reaction score
11
Location
Columbus Ohio
OUTL4W said:
1. Goto cydia>installed tab ~ look for theme name & tap >modify,top right, remove.

2. No need to reboot iPad.....simply respring...should only take 10-15sec.

Haha, you beat me to it by seconds. Lol
Also I think he is talking about respringing and not rebooting.

iLoveMyiPad2!
 

Rokrdude2

iPF Noob
Joined
May 9, 2011
Messages
56
Reaction score
0
Location
India
OUTL4W said:
1. Goto cydia>installed tab ~ look for theme name & tap >modify,top right, remove.

2. No need to reboot iPad.....simply respring...should only take 10-15sec.

Haha, you beat me to it by seconds. Lol
Also I think he is talking about respringing and not rebooting.

iLoveMyiPad2!

Yup I was talking about respringing ,but it usually takes around 3-5 minutes
What is the respring timings for other ipad 2 users(3g)?
 

Kev2live

iPF Noob
Joined
Jun 22, 2011
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
Location
Nyc
D_LA_ROC said:
My favorite Winterboard iPad themes I have on my iPad2: iNitsua Z Neostyle, UINique, SilverHaz3, El3ment, Axium, iNitsua Z Twilight and iNviSion. Also Dreamboard, I have: Boxor HD.

iLoveMyiPad2!

Where did you get those themes that where not in the theme section on the front page of Cydia. Did you have to add another source?
 

D_LA_ROC

iPF Noob
Joined
Mar 29, 2011
Messages
364
Reaction score
11
Location
Columbus Ohio
Kev2live said:
Where did you get those themes that where not in the theme section on the front page of Cydia. Did you have to add another source?

The only 1 that isn't in Cydia is "iNitsua Z Twilight" because it's a personal port I have and iNviSion is FREE now but you have to add this repo: ja6636.com/midgets/ @JunesiPhone made iNviSion and took it out of Cydia and told @jima6636 he could put it on his repo for free. All the other themes I mentioned are in Cydia without having to add any source. You have to search for them!

iLoveMyiPad2!
 

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Joined
Dec 30, 2010
Messages
1,236
Reaction score
12
Location
Gettysburg, Pa
Merk13 said:
Not true actually, in the age of jailbreaking all you need is the right repository and anything is free it seems, I just installed almost every iPad theme on the Cydia list without paying a dime. But since I am new here I will not post the repository name unless someone verifies that its ok to do so :confused:

Awww....geeez..don't be a pirate...they deserve something for their hardwork. And no, you can't post the repo's here....
App developers come here to advertise their ware's by giving out free promo codes...not sure they appreciate seeing a discussion on how to steal those apps and besides it's just wrong. :(
 

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Joined
Sep 11, 2010
Messages
7,113
Reaction score
652
Location
Troon, Scotland
Merk13 said:
Not true actually, in the age of jailbreaking all you need is the right repository and anything is free it seems, I just installed almost every iPad theme on the Cydia list without paying a dime. But since I am new here I will not post the repository name unless someone verifies that its ok to do so :confused:

You definitely will not post those unless you want banned, and I suggest you read our rules. Boasting about stealing others hard work is not the coolest thing in the world and we have a strong anti-piracy stance here. Jailbreaking is not about piracy. This will be the only friendly warning you get on the subject.
 

Merk13

iPF Noob
Joined
Jul 14, 2011
Messages
29
Reaction score
0
You definitely will not post those unless you want banned, and I suggest you read our rules. Boasting about stealing others hard work is not the coolest thing in the world and we have a strong anti-piracy stance here. Jailbreaking is not about piracy. This will be the only friendly warning you get on the subject.

Fair enough, hence my reservation in posting more. And FYI ... I pay for what I use to support those that put time and sweat into development, I just like to try for free first.
 

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Joined
Sep 11, 2010
Messages
7,113
Reaction score
652
Location
Troon, Scotland
Merk13 said:
Fair enough, hence my reservation in posting more. And FYI ... I pay for what I use to support those that put time and sweat into development, I just like to try for free first.

How you justify stealing software to yourself is of no relevance on these privately run forums. The subject is not for debate and our rules are clear on the matter.
 

Most reactions

Latest posts

Top