What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Winter begins on Dec. 21st

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It has already started here in "flyover" country!

winter.png

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Col turns on the air con it is early morning already close to 80 f out side checks the beach report. Surf looks good puts on his shorts and tee and heads for the beach...a 40 min drive to the Gold coast Queensland Australia Monday 13th dec my day off...."......

Lavenderlady*w*iPad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It started here before Thanksgiving!! That is a cool weather app, I'd like to know what it is too.

By the way, there will be a full Lunar eclipse starting Dec 20 ending the 21st. Just in case you live where the sky is clear this time of year!

Lavenderlady*w*iPad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It is a cool app! I downloaded it, but the temperature is WAY off for my location. I don't know where they are taking the readings. I took the screen shots attached this afternoon. And I just now checked it again and it is still saying it is 52 degrees here and it is actually 36! Easy Weather now says it is 34. It is much closer!

weather_1a.jpg

weather_2.jpg

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I like this weather/clock app...

...called Living Earth. Since it is night time here in the USA everything is black and white! It will look different during the day. The second picture is the time and weather information for Shanghai, PRC. The neat thing about this app is that it also displays cloud patterns and it rotates like the Earth.

65d44f94.png

4def5bca.png

iPadster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had to fly from Philly to Wisconsin today. I left Philly and it was 50 degrees. I landed in Wisconsin after a blizzard hit and it is 8 degrees.

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It has already started here in "flyover" country!

We're getting hit in Chicago as well. In fact, I just wasted a fricking hour driving in the snow - I thought I'd left my iPad at work, went back and didn't find it, came home to see it peeking from under the sofa. :)

Still, I like winter, and don't mind walking or driving in the slop. Places that don't have it, well, let's say I prefer snow flakes to the people kind and leave it at that. ;)

Digikid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Official dates mean nothing.

Winter begins when snow is on the ground. Not before.

You cannot put an official date on a season....regardless of what they think.

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Most reactions

Latest posts