What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will you upgrade to the iPad2?

Will you buy the next generation iPad?

• Yes, I can hardly wait!

Votes: 30 29.7%
  • No, the current version is all I need.

Votes: 71 70.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The iPad has sold 15 million units since launch, but realistically the market for them is finite - for the next generation to be a success, it seems logical that there will have to be a lot of repeat customers. Who plans to get the iPad2?

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Almost certainly, yes! I'll upgrade for any of these things: more memory, front-facing camera, high-res display (sexy!)

xune

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes. Buying the next version.
Yes. Keeping the current version.. my wife has pretty much taken it over anyways, lol!

Blackbelt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No questions. I will be moving up to the next gen. iPad has been one of the most fun devices that I have owned.
Current IPad have and will be sold near the original value.

bamfsig45

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got mine at Xmas time, if I upgrade to anything it will me one of the new android tablets. Unless there are significant changes to iP2.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Definitely buying one and passing the current models on within the family. They'll still work as well as they do now.

Apple has us firmly hooked with all the software we've invested in and unless they do something silly in the future, like fail to improve the OS, they should retain the majority of users.

earlyadopter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Up until the past couple of days I was a yes. I may go with an iPhone 5 and wait for the iPad 3. We currently have 2 iPads. One 64 GB 3G, WiFi and one 64 GB WiFi. We love them!

SBHOKC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I doubt it. Totally happy with the two I have. Unless there is some unforeseen magical technology that I can't resist.

tdmsu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am happy with my current ipad. I may have a look at the iphone 5, though. I am still using my trusty iphone 3g, but it sure seems slow now!

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm sure I will want the new iPad, but I would say there is almost no chance that I will get one. If I could get the bulk of the worth out of mine I might consider it, but these things are expensive toys and there are way more important things for me to spend my money on (unfortunately ... lol).

Screamjeanne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No questions. I will be moving up to the next gen. iPad has been one of the most fun devices that I have owned.
Current IPad have and will be sold near the original value.

I hope yours sells. I put mine on eBay and kept having people offer 500. Nobody would go over 500. I have a 32gb 3G. Hope your market is hotter than here in Tx.

OP
E

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I doubt it. Totally happy with the two I have. Unless there is some unforeseen magical technology that I can't resist.

That's where I am now. There are lots of rumors flying around about the next version, and none of them make me want to upgrade; really, the perfect gen2 for me would be the exact same design with 1GB RAM and 128GB storage.

Most reactions