What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will you upgrade to the iPad2?

Will you buy the next generation iPad?

• Yes, I can hardly wait!

Votes: 30 29.7%
  • No, the current version is all I need.

Votes: 71 70.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wouldn't pass it by Apple that they won't change button placement either... But as you say let's wait until we know for sure.

I'm actually also curious as to how long Apple will continue to sell and support iPad 1.0 after iPad 2.0 comes out, and what kind of price difference there will be between the two - e.g. is iPad 2.0 going to cost more? Is iPad 1.0 going to drop in price? etc.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tzimisce said:
I'm actually also curious as to how long Apple will continue to sell and support iPad 1.0 after iPad 2.0 comes out, and what kind of price difference there will be between the two - e.g. is iPad 2.0 going to cost more? Is iPad 1.0 going to drop in price? etc.

We've been told right from the start that iPad owners had one free software update, which was 4.2, and that the following would be charged. Until drastic hardware changes make it impossible to run updates on gen1 that is...

We know that iPod new gens means 10 to 20% markdowns on the remaining preceding gen. I expect that too with iPad...

speedlever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
For me there is no potential for upgrade to the iPadx in the near future. In fact, until Apple quits crippling the iPad with updates only through iTunes and neither USB nor flash, I don't see any more iPads in my future. Right now I call it a near computer. But I still enjoy using it.

DQ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
epb said:
The iPad has sold 15 million units since launch, but realistically the market for them is finite - for the next generation to be a success, it seems logical that there will have to be a lot of repeat customers. Who plans to get the iPad2?

Got the first, then the second.

Most reactions

Latest posts