What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will you upgrade to the iPad2?

Will you buy the next generation iPad?

• Yes, I can hardly wait!

Votes: 30 29.7%
  • No, the current version is all I need.

Votes: 71 70.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do I love having the latest and greatest: yes! I have bought every version of iPhone. But this time I truly cannot justify getting a new iPad when $500 was just spent on one two months ago! This will probably be the first year I skip the latest version of iPhone. My desktop is over three plus years old and doing great. I have a Windows Vista laptop which really now is a general family computer in the study, and a Windows 7 tablet PC netbook. (never mind the two other general desktops in my house as well as computers that belong to other family members). So LOL, I need to get a grip somewhere!!!

Fabytm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, I will!The iPad has totally changed the way I browse the web and much more!

Jeeper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm gonna keep my iPad, but maybe upgrade what I sync it with. New Mac book, or Mac book Air. :)

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I will pcking one up shortly after release. At that point, I'll decide what is the fate of this iPad. If I keep it, it'll get more abuse like a teenager than a new born..

Itzxdjx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's not easy to transfer from physical iPad to iPad or iPad to iPhone and vice versa. Everything is done through iTunes it's not difficult at all just take a small learning curve there are third party ways to transfer from an sd card and such. And AT&T does not aleph you to turreted the iPhone data to the iPad. Simply because the sell 3G service for iPad so they don't want you double dipping lol.

teatime

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love my iPad and am hardly using my iPod touch 2nd gen except at work. My next thing is a phone upgrade for May. One upgrade at a time for me! But, good for you, to those of you that will get the next iPad! ;)

Jax

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I had to vote yes because I am hoping there will be major advancements and optimistic enough to believe I will have the money.

Victguja

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't know yet if I will upgrade to the next gen because I already find it extrordinary but expensive. For many aspects it changed my life. It was years that I was looking at the convertible laptops and tablets but didn't make the decision because they were heavy, unconfortable and too powerful for what I need. I am a designer of laser transmitters for optical telcommunications and I need for work to take huge quantity of notes, make sketches, use colors, present them, have them with me around. I also like handwriting and I am much faster than typing and inserting powerpoint like or even external graphical tablet sketches. I also need news, technical news, books, papers, access to libraries and taking notes on all these pdf docs. All the people that I know and is doing technical jobs ar working in university or studying likes the iPad. I didn't find anybody that after seeing what I am able to do wouldn't say "I want it" and many of them doesn' have it yet for various reasons like money, life in a rush that doesn't let you space for else, indecision to change, fears to loose the notes that otherwise are safe in your notebook etc. However most of them sooner or later will make the decision and for now the iPad is still uncontrasted especially for the beautiful well dimensioned screen. I saw the Galaxy and I wouldn' buy it especially for the dimension of the screen. Is unconfortable. However, the flexibility of Android is interesting and is a potential competitor for the ipad if a large screen device will be launched as forecasted. I have also seen the HP slate and is paying with smaller screen, thcker device the more powerful hardware that at least in my case is unusful. I believe that the essential thing with the iPad is that they do not target to replace the PCs or notebooks, they are just extremly verstile mobile extensions and iPad is a huge success because offered to most of the people the average of what they need without pushing too much. This doesn't meen that the technology will not continue to grow up new hardware new ideas and new competitors. I don't think at iPad for ever. IPad is for now!

Berghammer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I thought about waiting for the iPad 2, but considering the improvements - even including the wildest media speculation about what these improvements might be - they seemed to be at best of marginal interest for me and the way I would use an iPad. So I bought a 64GB refurbished iPad from Apple and am quite content.

Ask again when the iPad 3 gets close. :D

Last edited:

kimhearts13

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Probably not. I got mine for Christmas, and I don't want my dad to fork another $800 just so I can have a camera on the back, haha. Maybe iPad 3 though.... :)

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm waiting until we see know for sure what iPad 2 is offering, before making a decision. And also, whether it's going to be compatible with iPad 1 accessories (especially the case/cover.)

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tzimisce said:
I'm waiting until we see know for sure what iPad 2 is offering, before making a decision. And also, whether it's going to be compatible with iPad 1 accessories (especially the case/cover.)

That's the accessory that will probably not work. The iPad2 should be smaller. I wouldn't pass it by Apple that they won't change button placement either... But as you say let's wait until we know for sure.

gordonk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Perhaps - we'll see what has to offer. I just got mine at the end of the year and still working with it to make it fit between work and "not work"

Most reactions

Latest posts