What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will you try to exchange your wifi to 3G iPad?

dabears

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm just curious for those who bought the wifi iPad such as myself. I'm over 14 days and going on 17th day as of today and contemplating whether to return my iPad to Best Buy and take the restocking fee and get a ipad 3G later on. I do have an iPhone that can tether using MyWi and very happy with it. My only worries is when the iPhone 4G release maybe in June, I don't know if MyWi will still be available. Anybody can enlighten me on my decision. What would you do if you are in my situation? Thanks!

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well if you don't mind jailbreaking your phone then that's the way to go. It's definitely the cheaper way to go. Don't worry about the 4G, they will jailbreak that one too, trust me. In my case I don't want to deal with any of that do I chose the 3G from day one.

Last edited:

Takenover83

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Keeping my wifi model. Can't see the value in paying a extra $129 for 3G model, when I can tether just fine, and save myself the $30 a month. I know some do not mind paying extra or maybe do not have a data plan on their current phone.

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i have yet a wifi , but from day one i order also a 3G , i will give my wife the wifi and keep the 3G

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
From the sounds of it, Apple may have quite a few 'refurbished' Wi-Fi iPads to sell in May!

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
I'm just curious for those who bought the wifi iPad such as myself. I'm over 14 days and going on 17th day as of today and contemplating whether to return my iPad to Best Buy and take the restocking fee and get a ipad 3G later on. I do have an iPhone that can tether using MyWi and very happy with it. My only worries is when the iPhone 4G release maybe in June, I don't know if MyWi will still be available. Anybody can enlighten me on my decision. What would you do if you are in my situation? Thanks!

Regarding June and release of 4.0...... I have a jail broke iphone, and mywi. I do not plan to update until I am sure it is jail broken. And even if it never is, I still won't update. I really don't use my iPhone for much anymore except as a phone. The iPad is so much easier for me to use. The new features are great, but I get along just fine without them....

traylorc

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I was under the impression that for computer products Best Buy's policy was 14 days. During that 14 days you could return the product but it would subject to a restocking fee. Sounds like you are outside the return/exchange window.

I just confirmed this buy going to BB's website and looking up their return policy.

Dragonrider

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I guess I'm an old duck - my iPhone, Kindle and MacAir are all toast, as soon as I get my iPad. When OS4 is released, the iPad will meet all of my travel needs - memos, light spreadsheets, presentations (even via a projector), movies, music, photos, E-mail, and Skype. It's the prefect solution for me - I NEVER text, use Facebook, etc - and having to periodically check E-mail is just fine.

The MacAir never really hit the mark for me, and being able to go back to my cheap T-mobile GSM phone for all my international travel will do wonders for my budget. Using a netbook is a total waste of money, and I'm excited that this will be the enterprise device for my entire team.

I'll wager that I'm not the only one looking forward to this consolidation...

robb25j

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I was under the impression that for computer products Best Buy's policy was 14 days. During that 14 days you could return the product but it would subject to a restocking fee. Sounds like you are outside the return/exchange window.

I just confirmed this buy going to BB's website and looking up their return policy.
thats true but if u used ur bb rewards card often your considered a silver are gold member and you have 45 days to return anything and no restocking fee

traylorc

iPF Noob
Reaction score

thats true but if u used ur bb rewards card often your considered a silver are gold member and you have 45 days to return anything and no restocking fee

Did not know that...very cool. Thanks!

OP
D

dabears

iPF Noob
Reaction score

thats true but if u used ur bb rewards card often your considered a silver are
gold member and you have 45 days to return anything and no restocking fee

Thanks for the reply my fella iPadster users. One of my co-worker told me about the 45 days return policy but there is fine print. In order to be eligible for this policy customer has to spend at least 2,500 a year. I guess it is still better than nothing at all.

Rasputina

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm giving my wifi ipad to my daughter to use when my 3G gets here.

rorschach23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I already have it set up 2. Gonna have 2 go thru the stress of waiting all over again, but it'll be worth it 4 Internet anywhere. :)

Most reactions

Latest posts