What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will You Sell The iPad If..

vsstanton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can't wait to see what's next but extremely happy with my iPad...really only use my network to sync, backup...of course at work....have to use company equipment...

OP
Ultrimate

Ultrimate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For those considering selling, all I can say is thank God for Ebay..

And regarding higher resolution, your right, I don't think I will see the difference..

I don't even rent blu Ray anymore cause I can't see the difference and also cuz I can get DVD for a buck now..

SR45

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm on the fence right now for waiting until a new IPad is announced to purchase next year. Almost got one, but the competition will be interesting later this year and early next.

I would like more than 256 mb of video memory ( More like 512 or 1 GB ) and have a USB input. Camera is not needed for my needs, but OS4 would be nice as well.

muyoso

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When someone mentions 1080P with a tablet, they are talking about the ability to use the HDMI out port and display 1080P on your television. The iPad can only display 480P out on its VGA dongle which you have to pay extra for. The standard for tablets is going to be 720P screens in 16x9, so that if you watch a movie or a television show, you dont have to stare at a third of your screen being wasted on black bars.

I will sell the iPad if a functional 10" Android or Windows Compact 7 tablet emerges with a capacitive screen and a good battery life. Only had the iPad for a month or so, and I love it, but the entire Apple dealy is getting annoying and tiring already. I don't like the app centric nature of the iPad. The underlying OS is garbage, and needs apps to compensate for it. The problem with that is that you need separate programs to accomplish basic functions. On Android for example, you can speak to text in EVERY program and EVERY part of the OS. Sure, you can do it in certain programs on the iOS device, but BFD, as soon as I go to browse the web or type a text, etc, etc etc the feature disappears.

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i like it the way it is or maybe a bigger hard drive to that would be it....but no camera along with this fact iam not really a big fan of the socalled camera attchment to the phone system after seeing some of the stupid things people have done with there camera phone and getting posted on youtube...

plus like one person said it would be hard to hold a ipad and take a picture with it ..

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
I would trade up for more ram, cheaper/more storage, faster CPU.... and perhaps the screen like the iPhone 4 has.....

on the storage issue... often on iPod and iPhone updates the smallest storage is dropped, and the prices remain the same.... in other words iPad 2 could be WIFI 32 gig for $499... then 64 gig for $599 and 128 gig for $699. With a few other goodies I would be willing to update, now that I know how much I like the iPad.... The first one I was pretty shy about, heck, I planned to return it :D when I bought it as a "trial".... boy did I ever change my mind......

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How about a retina display? That would make reading a better experience!

Had to read that twice, thought you said something else..

LOL! It's about the same double take I did when I first heard they named this display that way. Hey, names are hard to come by! Next screen is a shoe...an astragal? The eyelash? How about I shut up!:p

jbrephan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Standyby reply

The old retail sying applies here... "your wallet shouldn't pay for what your eyes can't see!"!:D[/quote]

I can't really tell the difference on my 42" screen.[/QUOTE]

ochie927

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I read on another website today about another Ipad knockoff (zenithink zt-180 epad) which has pretty decent specs for around $200-250. I forgot what website but maybe you can just google it. It got my attention, especially for that price and it's running on android .. but I need to do more research on it and no, it won't make me sell my Ipad :p

Jazzephaye

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I dont think that i would sell. Most likely i would pass my on to my husband and get a new iPad if it comes with a camera.

Most reactions

Latest posts