What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone tempted to sell their iPad?

skatealex2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone tempted to sell their iPad for second gen?

I only ask because it seems like we may get an announcement soon or in January about the second version and from the looks of things it could end up being the same size but slimmer and more light weight which seems like a decent upgrade. I don't care for the camera personally but if it's a bit slimmer and easier to hold that could be cool.

I love my current iPad but it's tempting to sell it for a good price while I can so i can get the new one when it's out but I also figure by the time I have a second iPad, the third version is probably going to be an even bigger upgrade and probably alot more significant of an update by then but we don't even know much about the second yet. :ipad-movie:

Anyone thinking of selling theirs or even just waiting two years for the third version?

Last edited:

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love the new iPhone 4. I really wish the new iPad will have the same build quality and same box like design with a more resistant backing. The aluminum backing now is just too slick to feel comfortable lugging around naked.

I'll keep mine until the battery dies. Worst case it's retired to a very expensive photo frame

OP
S

skatealex2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I usually a case for mine but I like how the iPad feels without it personally

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh I agree. When at home it's naked. At work or travel there is a case. You just can't beat the feel of it.

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Anyone thinking of selling theirs or even just waiting two years for the third version?

The latter - it's always my philosophy to skip a generation between upgrades. In my esperience, the next generation offers new features and improvements, while the one after typically offers genuine technological advancements. So the 2nd generation iPad will have features the current one could have had but didn't, for whatever reason. The one after will have tech that's not even out yet, likely still in development.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Bought a second one to keep the family quiet.
That said I'll happily be buying the next incarnation.

As someone once said, the only difference between the man and the boy is the cost of their toys......

G.P

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm more inclined to buy the current Pad, and wait till the 3rd generation before updating, for the reasons given above by ebp. At the very least I'll get my money's worth out of it over 2 years, by which point there should be enough of an upgrade worth it to me to invest in a new one. And no, having cameras in the next version wouldn't fit into that category.

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
They won't stop working when a new version comes out :)...........
haha exactly. If you find your iPad useful today, it will be equally as useful the day after the new one comes out. I have my frustrations with the iPad like everyone else, but not enough to spend another $600+ on a new one that offers a handful of new features. I plan to carry this one at least another year or two. By then, there should be some great options on the market for a replacement.

rogatsby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been more than satisfied with my iPad. When the new one comes out, I'll probably buy it donate my old one to my son.

Last edited:

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score

haha exactly. If you find your iPad useful today, it will be equally as useful the day after the new one comes out. I have my frustrations with the iPad like everyone else, but not enough to spend another $600+ on a new one that offers a handful of new features. I plan to carry this one at least another year or two. By then, there should be some great options on the market for a replacement.

ITA! And I spent $900!

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I already sold my first one and upgraded to 3g.... not going there again for a few years... ok til version 3 or major changes are announce and I have $$ again. LOL

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gonna have to be some major updates fr me to go thru the hassle of selling this one!

Most reactions

Latest posts