What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will there be another iPad?

dhevans_6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If they drop an a6 chip in the iPhone 5 or whatever it's called later in the year, I wouldn't be surprised to see the iPad 4 with it in this time next year..

Stefx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Will there be another iPad?
With the 3rd generation being called "The New iPad", does anybody think there actually will be another iPad. Can you imagine, the "iPad 4" and "The New iPad". It would just make no sense at all!

No. There will not be another iPad.
Apple has decided they have made enough money and will stop developping new versions of the iPad.
/jk

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Actually, it looks like they are testing the iPhone with the A5X processor according to rumors. So it appears the A6 is not ready yet. There may not be an A6 if they are waiting to get the two stage chip set I have mentioned before on these forums.

And there was a Mustang 2. Actually two of them, but only one made production. In 1974, Ford brought out a new Mustang model about the size of a Pinto, but body on frame instead of unibody construction. It was not popular because it was overweight and under powered, but the frames were real popular for custom body makers. It was also was my mother's favorite car. She was only 5' 100 lbs and we always had full size family cars and station wagon. My dad took me to rent a car while mine was in the shop, and bought it for her. She really loved that Mustang. They went back to calling it the Mustang after that model.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
taddle said:
What about the iPad 2? They didn't just call that the new iPad. It was the iPad 2!

Yes, that was then the iPad 2. This is now with the new iPad. ;)

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 w IOS 5.1 Update From NYC!!! using iPF.net

altimax98

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have heard rumours that apple might move away from the tablet market and redesign a device like the galaxy tab: a cross between a tablet and a phone

Sent from my iPod touch using iPF

They won't ever. The market is too dominated for apple to pull a stupid move and pull out. As for the naming of the device it should stay iPad and and use the year arrangement of the iMac/iPod line. Don't be surprised if the new iPhone is just the iPhone as well, and not the iPhone5 or whatever

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

OP
taddle

taddle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
England, United Kingdom, the Northern Hemisphere,
altimax98 said:
They won't ever. The market is too dominated for apple to pull a stupid move and pull out. As for the naming of the device it should stay iPad and and use the year arrangement of the iMac/iPod line. Don't be surprised if the new iPhone is just the iPhone as well, and not the iPhone5 or whatever

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

You're probably right.

iZwipeer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lol but id there will be no more ipads nor windows then from where will the technology come from?

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I would loved to know where you read that.... Frankly that rumor is so far off course it is not funny... The problem we face is that when one person states a rumor on the net it is picked up by not one but thousands of forums, news papers and anything that moves walks and talks. The joys of communication..... The media loves Apple and will print and reprint anything to gain readership.

Thanks any way for your post.

Oh one more thing Apple will continue producing iPads as there is no logical reason to stop.

iZwipeer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
col.bris said:
I would loved to know where you read that.... Frankly that rumor is so far off course it is not funny... The problem we face is that when one person states a rumor on the net it is picked up by not one but thousands of forums, news papers and anything that moves walks and talks. The joys of communication..... The media loves Apple and will print and reprint anything to gain readership.

Thanks any way for your post.

Oh one more thing Apple will continue producing iPads as there is no logical reason to stop.

Exactly!!

augustya

iPF Novice
Reaction score
But how many of you guys think that there will be a iPad-4 if for nothing else. Like if not for the A6 chip, not for the 128 GB space not for other features but for going slim. Just as they did from iPad-1 to iPad-2 !

paulvalerio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
taddle said:
I have heard rumours that apple might move away from the tablet market and redesign a device like the galaxy tab: a cross between a tablet and a phone

Galaxy Tab? It's nothing like a phone. Now if you were referring to the Samsung Galaxy Note.....yea it's def a hybrid. I would love to see Apple make a larger iPhone and a larger iPad. Apple will produce new products each year because the formula obviously works! 100 billion dollars proves it. That being said, why not name a new product after Steve Jobs? The phoneJob, iJob, Stevepad......or just Job....I can see it now.....everyone lined up to get a "Job" it would revolutionize America and end the recession.....lol!

Sent from my White Samsung Galaxy Note

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
paulvalerio said:
Galaxy Tab? It's nothing like a phone. Now if you were referring to the Samsung Galaxy Note.....yea it's def a hybrid. I would love to see Apple make a larger iPhone and a larger iPad. Apple will produce new products each year because the formula obviously works! 100 billion dollars proves it. That being said, why not name a new product after Steve Jobs? The phoneJob, iJob, Stevepad......or just Job....I can see it now.....everyone lined up to get a "Job" it would revolutionize America and end the recession.....lol!

Sent from my White Samsung Galaxy Note

You have too much faith on Jobs. I hated the guy but do like apple and like it even more now Most of my apple purchases are post Jobs.

Most reactions

Latest posts