What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wifi Issues Fixed?

candafilm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I remember reading about wifi issues around when the iPad was first released. I was wondering if these issues were as widespread as the reports made it sound. If so, has the issue been fixed in a patch or in the 3G version?

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The fix hasn't been released yet. I haven't seen the issue in over a week, since turning off brightness autosensing.

Kargurin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've got my auto brightness on. The only times ive had wifi problems is when I leave my cordless mouse on when I'm not using my desktop. It is right next to my router and operates at 2.4k.

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It isn't a universal problem - supposedly it's just a small percentage of ipads, so it's no surprise if a lot of people don't see it happening. On mine, if I sleep it with autosensing brightness on, the iPad can't connect to my wifi router until I input the password. Weird, but consistent and repeatable. Honestly, I never noticed the sensor making much difference so I don't mind not using it.

OP
C

candafilm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good, so it's not as big a problem as it is/was being made out to be. I didn't think it would be but I thought I'd ask. Thanks!

adamh10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I remember reading about wifi issues around when the iPad was first released. I was wondering if these issues were as widespread as the reports made it sound. If so, has the issue been fixed in a patch or in the 3G version?

The issue seems to be resolved in newer iPads, anyway. I have a brand new 3G 64GB version, and I'm not sure if it being 3G assists, but my Wi-Fi works no problem full strength three floors above my router.

Most reactions