What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WiFi connection issues since last update

jimmiem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is anyone else experiencing WiFi connection woes since 4.2? Luckily I can still connect rock solid at home, but some public hotspots that used to work fine for me I can not connect to at all anymore (one called EVSION that's in a lot of the hotels locally).

I also have trouble with WiFi Tether for Android. I use to connect pretty consistently but now I have to turn my iPad WiFi off and back on again to get connected and the connection often drops. I've tried every setting adjustment possible in WiFi Tether but nothing fixes the problem.

I really hope that 4.3 brings some improvements in the wireless.

sshealy21

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am having a problem with the time on my iPad being 5 minutes off after I downloaded the 4.2 software. I also am having issues with my wireless at home. All of my other devices work the same, but the iPad will not connect to Safari nor my mail server

BrendenEdser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am having the same issue constant dropout of wifi since I did latest update about a week ago. Before update it was perfect never had an issue.

mari0n

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am haviang problems with connection of the ipad to netgear. All going well until yesterday and now it will not connect. Went for a drive to McDonalds and it worked in their cafe, but not at home. MY IT man says to buy another router for $150A.
Is there any way to get it working. I tried turning on the ipad with both buttons at the same time, but that did not work.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This has resolved many issues and worth a try.
- Sometimes after you perform a upgrade from say iOS 3. to iOS 4.2 *the iPad or iPhone wifi or 3G speeds *may be slow.*
- This is an easy fix which does work. Please do the following:
1. Go to Settings->General->Reset
2. Then select "Reset Network Settings" (this will not erase ur devices content, music, videos, email, etc. It will only erase any WiFi networks you have defined).
3. Once your device completes the action and gives you the normal home screen or Passcode screen, go ahead and power your device down and once you are sure the device is fully powered down wait an additional 60sec to allow internal components to fully discharge.
4. After the 60sec is up, power on your device again and re-add any encrypted WiFi networks you had defined.
5. Enjoy the "back to normal" WiFi and 3G speeds like you had prior to the OS upgrade.*

mari0n

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wifi connections at home

Hi.
Finally I have my ipad working on my home netgear. It took hours on the phone with Apple, going back to workshop settings, reinstalling all my files and it still did not work.

However I redid all the settings, password, still no good. I then disconnected all my computers, router, switch box ... the lot and gave them about 5 minutes.

I reinstated everything, and then reset the general Wifi settings, was asked for the password ... and it actually connected.

IT tells me that the netgear might need to be upgraded. Altough it does pick up most of the time, it does slip up. Also make sure you have updated your Itunes files regularly, as this can also be a problem.

OP
J

jimmiem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, 4.3 is finally here and so far so good. I am able to connect to WiFi Tether on my Motorola Droid with little to no hassle at all and the connection seems pretty solid.

Prior to the update I also had trouble connecting to an at&t hotspot at Barnes & Noble. still no luck there but I think it may be a problem with the hotspot and not my iPad.

I haven't tested it at any of the other places where it gave me trouble yet but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. The important thing is that tethering to my phone works again. I was really frustrated by that because it used to work great and I'm just happy to have it back!

Most reactions

Latest posts