What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help please..!! Ipad will no longer connect to wifi after last upgrade...!!!

zep

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there,

I have had my ipad for just over a year now, and it has always connected perfectly and seamlessly to my wifi.
I have been ill this last year, so my ipad has a lifeline for me, allowing me to stay online when I was confined to bed after hospital visits.
Just over a week ago, I remembered that it had been a while since I synced my ipad with itunes on my PC, so, as it did, it said that there was new ipad software to download. I thought about it for a few minutes, then downloaded it.
After that, my ipad says that it is connected under wifi in General settings, but when I try to load Safari, or my emailer, it says it is not connected.
I have spoken with apple support, who said to take it back to factory sttings, which I did, but no joy.
It connects perfectly well at my friends house to their wifi..but not to mine anymore.
Nothing has changed, same router, same ipad, same PC.. only the ipad download from itunes.
I know my wifi is working okay, as my friend came round to visit with his shiny new Samsung mobile phone, and it connected immediately to my wifi after giving him the password.

My router is an EchoLife HG520s

I have seen lots of posts from other people on the internet with similar problems, and have tried lots of suggestions.. but so far, nothing.

I am hoping the new iOS5 may have a fix in it somewhere, or just fix the problem anyway.

Could anyone help me with suggestions..?

Many thanks in advance for taking time to read this, and all suggestions...!!

Zep.

Most reactions