What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wi-Fi connectivity

Russell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

My iPad will not connect to our router. It now recognises the router (after changing an option allowing the SSID to be broadcast) but it will not accept the password. The password has only recently been created and I am 100% sure that it is correct.

Any idea what could be going on?

Thanks

OP
R

Russell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Mike for your reply. No, I have not set the IPad to use WPA2 as the router is using WEP - should I change it anyway?

Regards

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
Thanks Mike for your reply. No, I have not set the IPad to use WPA2 as the router is using WEP - should I change it anyway?

Regards

Yes I would try changing it to WPA2 even if it was working just for security reasons and also so that you can use a rememberable password.

OP
R

Russell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. WPA2 setting makes no difference. Any other suggestions?

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Check your router doesn't have Mac filtering turned on and check they are set to the same channel.

rowan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
rowan.us
On your iPad, in Settings -> Wi-Fi, click on the blue > to the right of the router's name, then click on Forget This Network then reselect it. At that point you should be able to input the new/changed password.

Most reactions

Latest posts