What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

why syncing ipad is taking too long time

GHULAM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sir

After upgrading to OS 4.3.5, when syncing my IPAD2 with PC, A message shows "Starting Sync" and no activity is visible even after 5 hours. Can someone help please?

ZIA

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It is difficult to pinpoint what the problem might be in these types of circumstance. Most likely there is a file locked or open on either your PC or iPad.

The best course of action is to safely disconnect your iPad and reboot BOTH your iPad AND your PC. That will typically resolve backup issues. Then try the sync again. The process should not hang so if you don't see any progress within a few minutes it is usually a sign something is wrong. You don't have to wait 5 hours!

Give a reboot a try and let us know how you get on...

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If the iPad and iTunes allow it, it is best to use the slider on the iPad, or the the eject next to the iPad in iTunes to stop the sync. If that doesn't work, then unplug.

david rodriguez

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you have more then one user sign in on your pc, that mite be the problem. I went thru the same thing. I now make sure that I am the only one sign in.

SporkLover

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you have any apps installed that may have filed manually dropped into it? Like a third party video player.

henweee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you using Windows 7? I had a similar problem when i first got my ipad. After extensive research, i found out that upgrading the bios to the latest version will help. Try that if the issue still persist.

Most reactions

Latest posts