What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sync doesn't take effect on Ipad

jubinell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm seeing the following strange behavior on my Ipad 2 in the last week:
1. When I try to update some apps from WITHIN the Ipad, the update would start, but fail after 10 seconds with the "this application cannot be downloaded at this time" error.
2. After that update fails, I can no longer use this app. The icon becomes a gray one (the same status as if it's still updating). I cannot delete it either because there isn't an x to click on.
3. When I try to sync with itunes, I noticed the screen settings as seen on itunes and that which is currently on my ipad ARE DIFFERENT! For example on my Ipad I have put apps in different folders. In Itunes there are all separate one page after the next.
4. When I try to sync with itunes, it looks like itunes copy stuff to the Ipad, when I look at the Ipad, nothing has changed, I can click sync on Itunes over and over and the same copying process would take place, but nothing new would eventually come on my Ipad.

Any ideas on what I should do?

I've tried restarting the ipad, loggin in and out of my istore.
-Thanks.

rlapoint

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The only suggestion that comes to mind is unistalling iTunes and reinstall. Then connect your iPad and sync. It sounds like there may be some corruption in iTunes that is causing your problem. Unistalling iTunes and starting fresh just may work. Interested in your posting the results.

Most reactions

Latest posts