One of the things I’ve always liked about Apple is the aesthetics of the OS. Many years ago I went from a company that used Macs with OS 5 to about 7 or so then left for a one that used largely windows. It was Windows 3.11 at the time and visually was a complete joke in comparison. Windows 95 was much better but still poor in comparison. I stopped using Windows (7) when I left the company.
Unfortunately (for me), Apple aesthetics has been getting much worse over the years. While I obviously appreciate all the improvements over the years I’d much rather the OS looked much more like the early versions of OS X. The current icons on both Mac and iOS are very poor compared to earlier versions, being drab and low contrast.
Some years ago I saw something called Pear OS. It’s a version of Linux that looks and behaves much like Mac OS. Sadly development stopped or I might have bought a cheap PC just to have a play with the OS. I’ve just recently seen it’s been updated and from screenshots I’ve seen it looks better than OS 26 to me. I’m now wondering if I should try to find a cheap laptop to install it on? Maybe I can bring back the 3D traffic lights OS X used to have that I like so much?
Unfortunately (for me), Apple aesthetics has been getting much worse over the years. While I obviously appreciate all the improvements over the years I’d much rather the OS looked much more like the early versions of OS X. The current icons on both Mac and iOS are very poor compared to earlier versions, being drab and low contrast.
Some years ago I saw something called Pear OS. It’s a version of Linux that looks and behaves much like Mac OS. Sadly development stopped or I might have bought a cheap PC just to have a play with the OS. I’ve just recently seen it’s been updated and from screenshots I’ve seen it looks better than OS 26 to me. I’m now wondering if I should try to find a cheap laptop to install it on? Maybe I can bring back the 3D traffic lights OS X used to have that I like so much?