What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why Jobs Flash explanation doesn't make sense

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apparently you did not read what about the sheer volume of data that Google collected, including passwords and personal finances. And in what universe is it acceptable to collect people's social security numbers? Not only that but children's? And then after denying any deliberate attempt to collect the information, it is found that Google has a patent to use this information! And of the top five technology companies, Google pays a lot lower tax rate than any of the others. If Google was an individual, it would fit right in with Congress and Bernie Madoff.

When I first heard about the data collection during Google Earth, I thought it was just bits and pieces accidentally caught up during the process. The more I learned about it, the more I was shocked about how invasive they were. If it was an individual doing this, they would have been locked up for violation of privacy. In fact, Google's reputation is that of the worse violator of people's private information. There is a legitimate possibility that Google may become the focus of a Justice Department crackdown.

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think it is sort of silly to see people pointing at the other guy to see who is actually worse. "Yeah, but look what Google did". "Oh really? Well look what Apple did". In the end, both companies are doing some things that are borderline at best and probably should have users concerned. I remember when Google and Apple were both seen as innovative and smart companies on the verge of becoming something big. Now that they have fully arrived and become big (massive actually) business, why are we surprised that they have started acting like, well, big business?

Reaction score
True that Dave.
We all know the real enemy is Microsoft and we Apple and Android fanboys need to get back on the same page as we used to be to make them suffer for their arrogance muhahaha. Windows 7 is ok but still more of the same and I see Apple as well as Google falling into the same arrogant trap

Support Our Troops!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from my iPad

Johnm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The people who make the tech world go round are those who want it all. Some of you are able to live with less. Flash is part of having it all. I want flash. I have two iPads and 4 PCs. I have the iPad because it is the best available for the job. Nothing today can beat it. As it is I have all the flash I want on my iPad. I use iSwifter, Splashtop and StreamToMe. These work very well for getting flash on an iPad. There is no need to get worked up about flash on the iPad. It is on the iPad.

Most reactions