What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why does my ipad not update apps

harveyizzy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a list of apps that need updating but every time I push update all it changes to the app screen and does nothing. Sometimes it states that it cannot download at this time. Can anybody help please.

WitchOneSalem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
harveyizzy said:
I have a list of apps that need updating but every time I push update all it changes to the app screen and does nothing. Sometimes it states that it cannot download at this time. Can anybody help please.

Try rebooting your iPad and se if that works for you.

Sent from my IPAD 1st generation. WIFI only. 64GB

idave23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Also, if you haven't upgraded to iOS 5.0 and have any apps that require it to update you won't be able to "update all". You'll have to do the others one at a time.

OP
harveyizzy

harveyizzy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
idave23 said:
Also, if you haven't upgraded to iOS 5.0 and have any apps that require it to update you won't be able to "update all". You'll have to do the others one at a time.

I do have the up to date iOS 5.0 but I don't have a pc to sync from. I have rebooted my iPad but it seems to crash each time I do it and then I have to take it into the apple store for them to sort.
Many thanks for all your help.

elcarnatine

iPF Noob
Reaction score
its the New York Times App in Newstand thats the problem

I had the same problem and finally figured out that deleting the New York Times app would fix it. I think NYT when they were experimenting with the free and not free versions. The existing old app caused an update issue with all of the other apps. Delete the app and it should be fine. Then you can add it back if you like.

Most reactions