What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help installing uodated apps

MizzRhonda

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello all! Maybe this question has been posed, maybe not, BUT for some reason, since the ipad3 came out, I have several apps that needed updated regarding the new retina display, along with other kinks that were smoothed out. I was able to update all my apps NOT related to the new retina display, but other (Netflix, Soundhound, etc.), it will not completely update. I will press on the app, it will say "Waiting" then I would receive a message stating that the download couldn't be completed at this time. Does this have something to do with the iPad 3's retina display? How can I get my apps to function again without going through the update....because they won't go back to there original state once you attempt to update. Help!!

intro2ipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
you could try delete the app then re-download. Could also try holding down sleep wake + home until the iPad reboots (a "hard" reset), which has 'caused stalled app downloads to restart for me before.

Most reactions

Latest posts