What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why does it take 5so long for it to charge?

Tapmyapple

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone know why? Its been 9hrs now and only went from 15% to 77%, are you serious? A ten year old laptop charges faster than this.

Last edited:
OP
T

Tapmyapple

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Somerled said:
Are you using the iPad charger into the wall, or trying to charge from an iPod charger or from the USB port on a PC?

Wall charger

Sent from my iPad using iPF

kctay

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mine charges just as quick as my first iPad, that is as long as I'm using the included wall charger.

madcapjim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Think it takes somewhere between 3 and 4 hours for mine to charge. Seems slow compared to my laptop but considering how long a charge lasts not that bad.

OP
T

Tapmyapple

iPF Noob
Reaction score
madcapjim said:
Think it takes somewhere between 3 and 4 hours for mine to charge. Seems slow compared to my laptop but considering how long a charge lasts not that bad.

I wonder if my cable is defective. I've been charging it since noon today and it's now 10pm and it's not even done charging! There's no way it's this slow to charge.

OP
T

Tapmyapple

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Man this is really pathetic. 10.5hrs now and it's not even done charging. What the hell!

darrinaltman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tapmyapple said:
Man this is really pathetic. 10.5hrs now and it's not even done charging. What the hell!

Somebody else posted something similar here. They went to Apple store and they replaced their charger and that resolved the problem. Unfortunately you probably have a bad charger.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Used my daughters iPod charger by mistake once, only puts out half the power.

Blueface

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As others have said, likely bad charger.
Mine takes no more than 3-4 hours from nearly empty to full charge.

Most reactions

Latest posts