What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dead ipad 2

keith500

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So my white iPad 2 16gb died a few days ago but just wanted to share the details in case anyone else gets the same symptoms and they will know there's is broke too.

Mine ran out of battery and said it was charging when I had it plugged in but just would not boot up. I managed to get it on once but it said it only had 1% battery even though it had been charging for ages and then it shut off again. After this it never booted up again, I took it to an apple store and they said it was officially dead and they couldn't get it booted up again either.

It was only ten months. Old but I'm now the proud owner of. 32gb black iPad 4 which I love even more as I needed more space and wanted a black iPad.

It

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
keith500 said:
So my white iPad 2 16gb died a few days ago but just wanted to share the details in case anyone else gets the same symptoms and they will know there's is broke too.

Mine ran out of battery and said it was charging when I had it plugged in but just would not boot up. I managed to get it on once but it said it only had 1% battery even though it had been charging for ages and then it shut off again. After this it never booted up again, I took it to an apple store and they said it was officially dead and they couldn't get it booted up again either.

It was only ten months. Old but I'm now the proud owner of. 32gb black iPad 4 which I love even more as I needed more space and wanted a black iPad.

It

Did you get a credit for the value of your iPad 2 to apply to the purchase of the iPad 4?

OP
keith500

keith500

iPF Noob
Reaction score
scifan57 said:
Did you get a credit for the value of your iPad 2 to apply to the purchase of the iPad 4?

Hi there no they wouldn't let me do that so I had to buy a new iPad 4 myself and I'm selling on the replacement iPad 2 they gave me as it only had 3 months warranty. I needed one with more then 16gb anyway.

Most reactions

Latest posts