What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who's planning on buying the iPad Air2?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
While you do have the right to return the iPad for a full refund within the first 14 days, there is no automatic guarantee that the same offer will apply to the iPad Air 2. You should ask AT&T and see what they have to say.

csmith1289

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The promotional offer that you received, as of now, is set end on 10/31. If you want the new iPad then you may want to return the one you just bought, hopefully the new one comes out before the month ends.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Did I screw up ?

Went to ATT the other night and ordered an iPhone 6 They hit me with an offer of $200 off iPad Air. 100 for going with Next plan and 100 forbuying the phone. So not realizing the new iPad air was being announced I went for it.

S I I'm wondering what are my options now. I know I have 14 days to return it, but do you think they would honor that deal on the new one. Never dealt with the store before. I usually just order online.

Or should I not even bother and enjoy the one I got at a good price ?

The promotional offer that you received, as of now, is set end on 10/31. If you want the new iPad then you may want to return the one you just bought, hopefully the new one comes out before the month ends.
While we're almost certain that the new iPads will be announced on the 16th, we won't know when the shipping date is until it's announced at the Keynote on the 16th. If it's possible to have one in your hands before the end of the month, you can take advantage of that offer to get the new iPad Air 2 after returning your current iPad Air.

Last edited:

dasipad2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As owner of an "original" iPad2 (2011) I definitely have my eye on the Air 2!
IF the new Air 2 offers 802.11ac Wi-Fi....that'd be a BIG selling point for me, since I already have an iPhone 6 and an Asus 802.11ac router...and my ISP is now providing ONE GIGABIT internet service (1Gbps down/~400Mbps up)!!!:D

blunderb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I'll see what the announcement says, and take a ride over to see what ATT can do for me. I have no problem paying the 35.00 restock fee. Just hoping I can get the new one since its something I'll keep for several year .

metalcyclone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've got my eye on all the new iPads coming out... Leaning towards the new mini or the iPad pro as I just bought an Air. I think the pro would be great as I already have a nexus 7 but the pro may be too big so I may go with the mini. I think the pro won't be coming out till 2015 but hey, you never know. If not too expensive, I think I may be leaning towards to the pro. It's supposed to be 12.9" of pure beastness! If it comes with OSX or and IOS/OSX hybrid system, I'm definitely interested.

iluvmyipad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Depends on what the new features are. My ipad 3, and iPad mini are working nicely. Althought, a better screen for my mini would be great.

Bennettb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'll be getting a new one. Thought I would get a phone, but I take too many pictures and my iPad 3 is so full that I just had to remove all my books. I will be getting the biggest one they have so that I can keep taking pictures of grandkids quilts and gardens.

Scottysize

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well, after watching the event today, I don't see a reason to trade in my OG iPad Air for an iPad Air 2. Looks like I get to save my money. :D

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, after watching the event today, I don't see a reason to trade in my OG iPad Air for an iPad Air 2. Looks like I get to save my money. :D

Agreed. There are some nice things; mostly a better camera, faster, and Touch ID; but not enough to make me spend my money. I'll save it for the Apple Watch instead.

There is even less reason to upgrade from an iPad Mini Retina to the iPad Mini 3.

For those with older models, it's probably worth the extra $100 to choose the iPad Air 2 over the first iPad Air. At least I would. That's probably an extra year of upgrades, along with the other spec bumps.

Geeza

iPF Noob
Reaction score
With no 2GB upgrade in RAM I'll pass on this model.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
We don't know, one way or the other. Apple doesn't talk about RAM for iOS devices. We'll have to wait for the usual iFixit tear down to see if RAM is the same.

Not that I expect it to change.

markbnh1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
We don't know, one way or the other. Apple doesn't talk about RAM for iOS devices. We'll have to wait for the usual iFixit tear down to see if RAM is the same.

Not that I expect it to change.
I found a site earlier today that showed a photo from Asia of the Air 2 board with the A8X chip and 2 gig of RAM. Might be true.

RandyM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I will be getting the iPad air 2 but not right away. I will wait and see if any issues pop up with it. My iPad 3 is still good though I wish I never installed iOS 8 on it.

Most reactions

Latest posts