What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who will be the first to download iOS5?

iSoozin60

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This happens to a few people every time. It's usually due to a failed network connection...unfortunate but it happens. I would disconnect your iPads, close iTunes, reconnect and click on the "Check for Update" button on the iPad/iTunes Summary page and see if it will restart everything.

Restarted my MBP and reconnected iPad2 - appears to be working okay now - up to restoring iPad firmware now. Keeping fingers crossed.

Has been restored to factory settings and is restarting!!!

Restoring from backup!!!

Restoring apps!!

I have to go through all this again with my iPod Touch and my husband's iPad!!

Last edited:

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
just got the error 'cannot update'. error code 3200 I was in the restore phase when it dumped
From Apple's troubleshooting page…

Errors 3000-3999 (3002, 3004, 3013, 3014, 3018, 3164, 3194, and so on): Error codes in the 3000 range generally mean that iTunes cannot contact the gs.apple.com server on ports 80 or 443. This may be because out-of-date or incorrectly configured security or firewall software is interfering, an old version of iTunes is installed, an entry in your hosts file redirecting requests to gs.apple.com (see error 1004 above), or because of your Internet proxy settings. If you are using a proxy, try without using one or with a known-good network. If that does not resolve the issue, follow iTunes for Windows: Troubleshooting security software issues. Error 3014 may indicate that you need to free up more disk space on the computer before trying to restore again. Error 3194 most likely indicates you do not have the latest version of iTunes installed Update to the latest version of iTunes.

Be sure you've upgraded to iTunes 5.0

Some virus protection programs can interfere with updates. If you have virus protection try turning it off.

Try using a different USB port on your computer. (Avoid external USB hubs where possible and connect the iPad directly to a USB port on your computer.)

Generally restarting the process, disconnect your device, shut down iTunes, reconnect your device and click on "Check for Update" will work.

Last edited:

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Woo hoo!

21ewxms.png

Total time = just shy of two hours. (About 52GB of total files.)

Last edited:

celly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ugh!!! It says it cannot install the update to my iPad due to AN UNKNOWN ERROR???!!! What the heck should I do now???

Same thing happened to me. I switched USB ports as Apple suggested and it seemed to work. I'm restoring apps now (another slow process)

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A lot of us are struggling. I'm on attempt #3. I switched USB ports, restarted my computer, etc. We'll see if it works this time.

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You know guys tomorrow is another day. You can always try again then, for those who are having problems.

So....who likes it? How is icloud?

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
just got the error 'cannot update'. error code 3200 I was in the restore phase when it dumped

That's what I got twice. First time, I checked the resolutions that Apple offered online. I unplugged ipad and restarted PC than restarted itunes. Went through back up and restore, only to get the error code 3200 code again. Called Apple support-and they say that this error code is happening because the server is getting bogged down. She recommended that I wait a while before trying again-she was confident that the error would resolve itself. I am going to wait.

Were you able to get the update?

Most reactions