What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who will be the first to download iOS5?

saphire

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't believe it, I just lost my net connection so having to start again, Pity it won't start were it left off

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just backing up is taking mine forever. I removed all my music from iPad in hope this would speed things up, so i am only using 14GB of 32GB. Geesh....need to get back to the office! lol
Backups are normally incremental. This is a full backup and restore so it will take some time.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was thinking that too!

Hey, babe, is there a way to get a number on how many are downloading at this time? In the states vs around the world? You are so good at this type of research.
I doubt it...Apple keeps a very, very tight reign on any of their services. They will probably announce how many...as in "1 Million downloads in the first hour" or whatever...but finding out any details? Probably not going to happen.

Nice new avatar BTW! :)

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Backups are normally incremental. This is a full backup and restore so it will take some time.

My iPad is going to be wiped out? It said it would keep my pics and stuff though right? Would they just have to be put back on after it backs up?

Sorry I sound like a complete idiot.

saphire

iPF Novice
Reaction score
A question ? would I get a quicker download if I turn off Wifi on my Imac, I have it plugged into the Ethernet port, or should I disconnect the Ethernet and just use wifi.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A question ? would I get a quicker download if I turn off Wifi on my Imac, I have it plugged into the Ethernet port, or should I disconnect the Ethernet and just do wifi.
Shouldn't make any difference if you turn WiFi off...stick with Ethernet if you can...always.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad is going to be wiped out? It said it would keep my pics and stuff though right? Would they just have to be put back on after it backs up?

Sorry I sound like a complete idiot.
No worries, everything will be there when all is said and done.

Most reactions

Latest posts