What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who will be the first to download iOS5?

iWags

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Backing up iPad now. Mine slowed to a snails pace after 650MB. Then once I hit 670MB it went fast. Sync in progress now. May wait to do the iPhone till tonight

thebytedoc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
richsadams said:
That pipeline that runs across the ocean floor (seriously) is filling up fast...blame your neighbors! :)

It is interesting to watch the network usage. My local pipe is fine (approx 14Mbs), however the network utilization is about .5-1.5% while downloading the 637.3 MB update. That tells me that the Apple server's or data pipes from Apple are close to saturated :). Go figure. Patience. My challenge: updating my iPhone, iPad & iPod touch. I will be working it for a while ;)

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Downloading now but i have a question....

I don't use the iTunes sync feature for my music/apps/videos. Instead whenever I connect to iTunes I transfer my purchases to iTunes and everything is listed there. Since this upgrade is deleting all the media on my ipad, will I be able to restore correctly?

The reason I don't sync apps is because I always download directly and I like to keep my screen order that is on my ipad. Maybe someone can suggest a better way to preserve my screen order.
There's really no need to do that...you can rearrange things on the iTunes App screen exactly the same way that you can on your iPad.

I don't think you'll have any problems with the upgrade, but you should let it backup and sync first.

Elliern

iPF Noob
Reaction score
decided to download only. says I have 15 minutes to go. I am keeping fingers crossed that this works right and no problems ahead!

iWags

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Restoring iPad Apps is taking the longest. (I have about 7GB's worth of Apps).

Just backing up is taking mine forever. I removed all my music from iPad in hope this would speed things up, so i am only using 14GB of 32GB. Geesh....need to get back to the office! lol

Most reactions

Latest posts